A Photo A Day Thread

:) Thanks

It must of been around 4.30-5ish, the sun is starting to go down pretty damn early lately. Might head down there again at some point soon tho to try and get some more shots. Can get some really dramatic sunset shots with wide angle lens :D

The building I work in is located in a zoo. During my smoking breaks I always take a little walk to the petting farm. This dude was showing off when I arrived.

Jah2o.jpg

He is really good at staring. :)

aPjg1.jpg

doctor who children get bored.

Attachments

• badwolf.jpg
    badwolf.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 354
Me and the GF got the bus to Devils Dyke on saturday, its a 30min ride out of Brighton into the South Downs. There are some fantastic views out into the country side looking out over Fulking and Hassocks off in the distance. Being up so high looking out really makes you relise that we do have some really stunning landscapes in the UK.

257hcg0.jpg

98g9k4.jpg

Wanted to keep these two black and white in hope that the viewer would concentrate more on the composition :)

2hnq79c.jpg

34oaw42.jpg

^I like the 3rd shot most :) I'm not a big B&W user, perhaps because I can never tell if it fits the photo. I'll convert a photo to B&W and think that it looks good, but then I'll have another look at the colour version and realise that it's fine in colour as well (after standard adjustments)!

Made a 360° panorama shot in a small park near my house (normal resolution link below):
panoramapark.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5058/panoramapark.jpg

I usaly shoot in colour and desaturate the colours at a later day, tho I do want to start shooting in black and white. It makes it easy to see how well you have judged the exposure where colour can be quite difficult. They tend to have quite a nice moody feel too.

Park shot is great, how many images was it? What lens too

I usaly shoot in colour and desaturate the colours at a later day, tho I do want to start shooting in black and white. It makes it easy to see how well you have judged the exposure where colour can be quite difficult. They tend to have quite a nice moody feel too.

Park shot is great, how many images was it? What lens too

Oh, I never even thought of just shooting in black&white. I always shoot in colour - can go B&W from that if I want, but can't make a colour picture from a B&W shot. Unless I'm missing something, cause I know that there's a difference between, for example, shooting a movie in colour and converting it to B&W, and shooting a movie directly to a B&W film.

The panorama is 7 shots, though as you may have noticed I overlooked the fact that it isn't cropped correctly (so it's more of a 400°+ panorama). Shot with kit lens at 18mm.

A few other folk have said that too, was having a play around with the tone mapping in light room to try and give the image an older feel. Just wasnt sure if it worked or just looked odd :)

Other than the sign, it's a great photo, maybe you could 'shop it out? :p

A photo I took in the campground I was staying at in Australia
29pfe42.jpg

aw cute lizard. Did you give him a hug?

Bunch of pictures from xmas brake, was rather snowy out.

3dmbo.jpg

90ddfq.jpg

1z2d6hg.jpg

hwcsye.jpg

zxkxs3.jpg

Nice coposition, liking it.

Getting a bonus at the end of the month, wondering if its wroth getting a new lens. Looking at the 24-70 f/2.8 L, it would be really useful for pretty much everything. Real tempting

I think that simulated vintage photo does a good job at looking old, it's not odd at all :)

catatwindow.jpg

A near 360 panorama of Verona, Italy that I took this summer on my vacation. Its not perfect because I didn't have a tripod and I didn't spend a lot of time making it look decent. I might crop the bottom out because I used content aware and it did an OK job but you can tell if you look up close. Didnt resize it either and the full size is 49695x2848. I either forgot to take the last picture to make it 360 or I lost it somewhere.

Anyway, the link: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/Ryan112591/panorama.jpg

Another photo I took in Maranello:

ferrari3.jpg

This thread seems to be a bit quiet :( Time for a big spam!

345d0dg.jpg

2mg09rs.jpg

260a045.jpg

Some fun with the new lens :)

23mpr2t.jpg

34i4xma.jpg

x2j8rs.jpg

dmtk00.jpg

312cyrk.jpg

s3luti.jpg

Nice photos, I really like the last one.

These were taken with my phone :(

DC metro...oh boy...
OHXsk.jpg

Washington Monument
vj88T.jpg

Bike..I need a better picture of it..
VHDYk.jpg

Uber picture spam from Amsterdam last weekend :)

34dn7yc.jpg

97psgg.jpg

14j4uf7.jpg

30sd1eu.jpg

2ajvq89.jpg

zipv6v.jpg

v7dsav.jpg

10csoq8.jpg

334kayv.jpg

4v5tec.jpg

kafg3s.jpg

15nn98k.jpg

ac32mh.jpg

1e51fd.jpg

went on a bit of a street photography sesh today, had a good walk around brighton (bumping into the EDL outside the house) and then down to the pier. Just a few decent shots.

34t798y.jpg

ekom6x.jpg

2vn5tlv.jpg

j60pjk.jpg

2h5rwx2.jpg

14m5pxe.jpg

And some from the EDL march in Brighton today. The where out in force today doing some big ass rally with around 300 members. Was hard to get any shots of the skinheads as they where completely surrounded by cops and horses. They finished their protest in the pub which to be fair is pretty awesome.

2wem8hd.jpg

2ymdj40.jpg

n2ya89.jpg

Haven't got anything new, but here are some I just dug off my SD card, of Lourdes and the local canal in winter from the year before last.

3DkpA.jpg

NjGij.jpg

TxhRo.jpg

4kQ5r.jpg

5WoYJ.jpg

ZWtF2.jpg

Q7lEl.jpg

7DQMi.jpg

Lourdes
uUNDU.jpg

Wonky Lourdes
beOzh.jpg

PS4YI.jpg

These are recent, actually. Disused cemetery where my grandparents are interred:
gVD4c.jpg

knnyT.jpg

GTKkr.jpg

Nice stuff, its great seeing some winter shots when its so damn hot here, its cooling me down a bit!

The 8th pic down has some nice depth to it.

I got a sexual upgrade tooo! Bran Spanking new 5d MarkII!! Its great using a semi-pro body rather then the old entry level 450d.

Here be a full-rez image hot off the press :)

mg0072i.jpg

Haven't posted here in a while, so here's some photos I took while on my recent trip to Sweden. I went there for a sort of reunion with my friends from a student exchange, stayed a few days at the place we lived in in Falun and then went to Uppsala for a music festival (which was more of a giant picnic really). Most of my photos are of my friends, so mostly sentimental value, but I selected a few "neutral" shots I like and added a few shots of cute swedish (I assume) ladies as a bonus. :]

93507439.jpg

16084109.jpg

78926081.jpg

40261610.jpg

22499156.jpg

82359001.jpg

22751982.jpg

39693534.jpg

92631420.jpg

90726497.jpg

75705984.jpg

18351163.jpg

Could barely fly and fell out of the nest. Couldn't let the little bastard get hit by a car or anything.

QnuWj.jpg

Sadly it died. I got to work this morning and there was a dead sparrow in the road. I cried a bunch of bitch tears in the bathroom after I found it. I was gonna take it home with me, but I managed to get it back to where it had fallen from and figured it would be alright. NOPE.

Back