A True Cinematic Experience...

Needless to say that was a good machinima. I hope they make more like it. As for the HDR, well it is a nice effect, but I think they did it to show that HDR can be used for more than light blooms.

They cant force this stuff on us, not every card would be capable of such effects.

I think this will be exploited seriously well in SP games. And think of garrysmod with this stuff. No longer sprites, but actual DoF, where you can have the foreground out of focus. Fingers crossed they do a big SDK update.

I will be eager to see how Valve make use of this stuff in MP. If at all.

Why does everyone have this assumption that these changes will be "forced" on the user. And the film grain and color correction are made specifically with machinima in mind, if you don't want to play with it (which most people won't want to) then turn it off.... stop whining, it looks fantastic all in all.

Heh, I did say their rendering methods were more similar to a camera than a human eye :p

Seriously tho, machinima with this will win.

Looks good, but i dont see the use in it, except for movies of course. And Garrys mod had this already. You could only see it in camera mode though...

Nice video, and lol about the shovel teamkill in the end of the clip.

Nothing new engine wise; motion blur, depth of field and material screen overlay are all featured in gary's mod.

Btw.: The anchorman in the beginning of the vid sounds very strange.

Tk?

Investigator said:
Nice video, and lol about the shovel teamkill in the end of the clip.
QUOTE]
I got the feeling that it was a left over german exacting revenge, though going back and looking it's pretty hard to tell.
BrainM

Back