About the HL2 mirc room...

F

Ferny84

I was banned because I asked where can I find a place witht he latest HL patch that is fast.

Maybe the OPs (i think they;re called that) should read before they act.

Only 1/3 ops in the channel are HalfLife2.net staff. The others are a mix of popular channel chatters, other misc ops and some ops temp added who are from another community that has nothing to do with HL2.

The chances of you being banned by a HL2.net staff member are quite rare but you could of just PM'd the guy who banned you and explained the situation. It would of done a lot more than a post on these forums.

Anyway, I'll delete the ban list.

I think that if this site claims the official channel is that... maybe it should be only run by site staff and some people who are *very trusted* so that these things don't happen.... in case that the channel is owned by another guy and not by you... maybe you should reconsider creating another channel as official website channel :)

just a suggestion :)

I'm afraid it goes a bit beyond that. There was an argument over who had ownership of the channel, both Munro and another guy claimed it to be theirs - IRCops were brought in and after a week decided that they could settle it by taking ownership of the channel themselves.

Now we have the two main groups of ops:
[>] HalfLife2.net Staff
[>] Misc Ops

Popular chatters in the channel were added to increase the amount of ops we had as the channel was getting out of control with 800+ at the time. It's all a bit of a mess.

We use the channel because it's now the biggest on QuakeNET thus gives us a chance to pimp the website and to deliver news to hundreds of irc using hl2 fans.

may i be one of the first to say HA HA serves ya right, dont ask on quakenet when they sent out a statement about it!

ANd i always wonder how much of this stuff do the moderators remove?

:afro:

Originally posted by jat
may i be one of the first to say HA HA serves ya right, dont ask on quakenet when they sent out a statement about it!

ANd i always wonder how much of this stuff do the moderators remove?

:afro:

More than you can ever imagine...

Back