Ach! Where is the FORUM!

Greatgat

Reaction score
Okay, obviously I found it. Not necessarily a criticism, but it took a bit to find the links to the forum. Ah well, I am frightened by change. But I like the new format. Good stuff, guys! Is anyone as startled as I was?

Greatgat said:
Okay, obviously I found it. Not necessarily a criticism, but it took a bit to find the links to the forum. Ah well, I am frightened by change. But I like the new format. Good stuff, guys! Is anyone as startled as I was?

i was looking at the left side for about a minute, trying to find the forums.....

15357 said:
i was looking at the left side for about a minute, trying to find the forums.....

Damn straight. I was vaguely hopeful when I saw "Forum Rules" only to be denied. Then ironically, my cat brushed against the right side of my monitor and lo and behold... :O

I always look at the top still :eek:

So I take this as I am the only one that types halflife2.net/forums into the address bar. :|

Datrix said:
So I take this as I am the only one that types halflife2.net/forums into the address bar. :|

Possibly. I still link to the home page. Perhaps it's my fault for showing such insane loyalty to the news, rumors and updates our fine HL2.net staff give us everyday. :thumbs:

Chris_D said:
I always look at the top still :eek:

I always use a divining rod still.

Sometimes a enlist a psychic/remote viewer.

Occaisionally I have to resort to a metal detector.

I always check the comments of at least one newspost and can navigate my way to here like that :)

Datrix said:

I looked at the front page for the first time in about 4 months yesterday, good old firefox bookmark toolbar!

Murray_H said:
I looked at the front page for the first time in about 4 months yesterday, good old firefox bookmark toolbar!
Ditto :p front page?... what front page?! :afro:

Datrix said:
nope, i didnt notice the site was different until I saw the thread :D

Bah, I'm so used to typing /forums that i keep using it on a site with a messageboard, instead.

im about ready to change my bookmark from the hl2 homepage to the forums pages cuz i never read the main page anyway

i made a similar complaint in a thread i created.
something needs to be done, if not for us, for the new people who may be lost and stuff :|

How can you miss it in the top right corner :O

Dalamari said:
People still go to the homepage? I just have the forums as my favorite, I haven't been on www.halflife2.net in forever

me too. im just too impatient to have to load the front page and then the forums

If it's any consolation, I go to the newspage everytime :p

I am truly sorry you guys don't head on over to the newspage more often; you are missing some valuable information on impressive MODs in the work ;) . I honestly don't see how you guys can miss the forums link, It took me less then ten seconds. However, I can see how people can get lost with all the links included on the front page. Maybe something can be done about it.

Gothax? said:
I am truly sorry you guys don't head on over to the newspage more often; you are missing some valuable information on impressive MODs in the work ;) . I honestly don't see how you guys can miss the forums link, It took me less then ten seconds. However, I can see how people can get lost with all the links included on the front page. Maybe something can be done about it.

I do. :D Might miss important notices otherwise.

SimonomiS said:
I do. :D Might miss important notices otherwise.

Gothax, do you have mod priviledges? That guy spamming the forum could do with a ban... Not sure if any mods are on.

what guy?

SimonomiS said:

why are you looking at me like that? :|

/me slowly backs away.

anyway, people don't respond that well to changes.

I think the problem is not for new users but for users whom are used to the layout :)

Greatgat said:
You may be autistic, my dear.

Back