Adaware: Irony at it's worst.

Reaction score
My favorite internet security programs for a while have been Comodo, Adaware, and Spybot S&D. Today one of those programs is no longer on that list.

Today, I was playing music on my computer when I noticed a popup with some advertising. That's strange... time to pull up the good-old-Adaware! Except, the popup said something about "adaware" on it, as well as a third-party advertisement!? Thinking this may be a dupe, I did a quick google search and discovered that this popup was indeed adaware committing the exact crime it was designed to prevent!

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=25237

It was fun while it lasted... but now I'm left with the bad aftertaste of irony.

I would have been angry to see that pop-up. How insulting. But I don't use 'Adaware'. My security settings are so paranoid, I don't need any of that consumer stuff. But I would recommend 'SuperAntiSpyware'.

I personally use 'SuperAwesomeAntiSpyware with built in AntiHackerVirusDestroyerBot™'.

I don't understand how that thread is from 2009 and yet you only just discovered a popup?

That thread is entertaining to read. On the second page an official guy finally posts. "This is not a pop-up" Hahaha.

"There have been suggestions in this thread that we use a splash screen in order to communicate this message instead. That is a pop-up, folks!" lolwut? No, that is a message embedded into the splash screen that already comes up. This is pure retardation.

At the end of the post though, he says that you can turn off these ads if you go into your settings.

Have you tried this? Would it change your mind?

Back