Advice on Digi-cam

Draklyne

Reaction score
Well, the digital camera I have right now writes images to floppy disks at 640x480 resolution. It can store something like 20 images, and I'm forced to jam as many floppies as I can into my pockets before leaving on vacation, taking pictures of breathtaking mountain vistas, multicolored springs, and so on and so forth. When I get home, regardless of what I had originally taken a picture of, it turns out blurry and out of focus.

:flame:

So, I need advice on what digital camera should be my next. It has to be cheap ($400 is the very most I'll be willing to pay, and only if it has exceptional value). What are your thoughts?

i only have experience with a nikon coolpix 4300, i think it was 500 when it entered the market, its 4 megapixel, it has digital zoom along wiht normal optical zoom, its nice and small and light, built in flash, lots of options, good stuff, maybe look for a review on google, i think the price should be down now.

I've only seen some higher costing ones.

However--you have to spend some time at this site
Do a compare on <$400 models. Their reviews are amazingly thorough! They review a bunch of canon's under $400. Canon's have been well rated for picture accuracy and color--better than most of their competitors. I'm looking at buying one now in the $500-$700 range.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Back