Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Neither, we won't get to fight advisors personally

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, While messing around in SDK today, I noticed this...

advisorweakspot.jpg

advisorweakspot2.jpg

Its small box underneith the Advisor's belly, possibly controlling it's resperator/life support. Anyone else think this might be an Advisor's weakspot, or do you think fighting an Advisor will be a simple shoot it and kill it.

Personally I think this is it's weakspot.

What do you think...

Personally it looks like a communicating device of some kind.

I don't think they need a weak spot. They aren't combat units; they aren't out there on the front lines. They are incredibly powerful psychics but that isn't for going out onto the battlefield and throwing shit around – they would get gunned down immediately.

You're just going to pepper them, but probably with the help of the Vortigaunt's.

They are their own weakness.

Useless without their mecha parts.

^ lawlz.

I don't think there mecha parts are that useful for combat. There psy powers, now those are useful. How did you get that pic btw? Model veiwer?

Think about it, they don't say 'right lets have my weakspot here...' do they, its just a spot with is particullary critical to them, in this case their life support/their respirators.

When have we ever seen an enemy with a weakspot? Ok prehaps a Zombies head could be considerd a weakspot. But what your talking about no. We haven't seen a weakspot in any enemy.

Episode 2 commentary says we'll fight Advisors directly, but I am sure they won't have a weak spot.

I think the vorts will teach us how to deal with them. That box just looks like something used for communication.

We'll probably end of distracting the advisor while a vortigaunt does....something.

The ironic thing is how we did fight an advisor in a early ep2 version (the one with alyx and the bridge)

Pretty sure IcedEagle has more info about it (he playtested it)

Well we see them talking to Breen and later Combine Elites via transmitions, which clearly arent coming from that small box. They obviously advise via Transmitors in their pods/hibernating thing we see in the Barn in Ep2

We humans used to be way furrier, then started using other animals skin and fur for further protection and, nowadays, other organic and synthetic fabrics. Just like us, advisors rely on technology to satisfy several of their needs (I'm not sure if they fly by artificial means or using their psychic powers), and I'm sure they don't have bullet-proof skin, so I'm guessing you'll feed those alien freaks a big plate of lead while something (or someone) disrupts their psychic powers (most likely for a brief time only, in a wash-rinse-repeat scheme). That box could be anything, a MP3 player, a pacemaker, an anti-grav device or a breathing device (Gordon, I am your father :p). I strongly dislike arbitrary week points but so far almost every boss fight has been either a puzzle or a "hit here" scenario.

i guess, we'll be gunning them down. i can't think of something else, if valve wants to keep the fights logical.

maybe shooting them with an uber sniper rifle, like the one used in the movie s.w.a.t.? you can hide probably in some distance and try shooting them.
And at the end of the day, they can hold off bullets and stop them right in front of them like neo :dozey:

Maybe we'll get the blue gravity gun and use secondary fire to strip them of their technology, before killing them somehow.

In that recent interview on Spike, Gabe Newell hinted at something even more fun and cool than the Portal Gun coming in Episode Three; perhaps that is what we'll be using to combat Advisors.

Yeah, he said something about a new gameplay concept, along the same lines as the Portal gun or the gravity gun, I imagine, in terms of adaptability.

i no clipped once during the last part of ep2. i found where the advisors were lurking, i shot them, and even though they didnt die (for scripted reasons?) they did react to be shot at.. so you guys should try it

sorry for spoilers, its just in case.

Eventually they stop reacting, so I suppose that they eventually "die".

i no clipped once during the last part of ep2. i found where the advisors were lurking, i shot them, and even though they didnt die (for scripted reasons?) they did react to be shot at.. so you guys should try it

IF you shoot them enough to lower their health by 1000 they will die and turn to the side and the 'final event' won't happen, itll be all glitchy and ****ed up.

I recently halted the 'final event' by grabing one of those big box's from afar with the Grav-Gun. Alyx and Eli just stood there and I couldn't move. It's was funny.

i guess, we'll be gunning them down. i can't think of something else, if valve wants to keep the fights logical.

Somehow, shooting an extremely powerful psychic based thing doesn't seem that logical. :hmph:

Somehow, shooting an extremely powerful psychic based thing doesn't seem that logical. :hmph:

QFT. Sure, they might have a weakspot, but I can't imagine you getting much of a chance to shoot it at any point.

I think the advisers are indeed heavily dependent on technology. Remember I ep2 we tried to kill one by simply turning off its life support. And Dog messed up its hover ability so that is had scramble away using its mechanical arms. They also seem to be pretty "soft" a whack from Eli with a pipe seemed to have an affect on the adviser. In the silo one of them turned and ran as soon as you shot it with the turret. And just a note: their ability to manipulate things with their minds seems to be limited by distance. Maybe you have to destroy their tech so then you can get at them while their vulnerable.

Well, Advisors aren't meant to be strong. I expect and interesting fight yes. But an easy one.

There are more ways to fight a flying telekinetic slug than to shoot them in a weakspot.

Actually, salt if deadly to all organic life, its just the fact that you put huge amounts on slugs that they die. That is why it is recommended you have a small amount of salt in your diet.

Bit of Science there From Nicky0123...

i do hope we get to fight some.. somehow. i feel as if i need to avenge a certain someone from ep2.
i wud be annoyed if there wasnt some form of 'take that, you bastard' in ep3, regarding the advisor's.

Back