AI non-functional?

spitcodfry

Reaction score
I've been reading some reports on IRC chat rooms that the AI in the beta does not work. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I have seen quite a few vids, though links are illegal.. i have seen the AI work..

anyone else?

stop flamming with the beta has troyans, the beta is illegal, the beta blah blah,

It's in everyone the choise to dl or not... stop making a pile of bullshit.

I've been browsing some of the pictures people have captured and is seems to me that the AI might not be working as well as many other moveing effects (you see "ERROR" graphic signs all over the place).

Let's hope this is true. A lot of the game story will still be ruinged but at least the leaked code will not be that interesting for that long.

But I'm afraid that things will change over the last few days considering the tempo this situation is developing in

stop flamming with the beta has troyans, the beta is illegal, the beta blah blah,

uhh wrong thread buddy.

this is about AI funtionality in the pre-release..

Not all of them attack -some just stand there. Some are not even fully rendered (missing arms, legs, hands - some are just wireframes)

It a very choopy mess - whatever code/resources the hackers got, they just threw into the source and the source is just using whatever is present in the directory.

Well -that's what I hear anyway. And so far there are any sounds or music.

There are not many cool lighting effects either - I think alot of the DX9 code is absent.

But this is just what i've heard...

Actually I've heard all the shaders are in place, but there are some missing textures in areas. Other then that it runs really well from what I've heard.

Actually I've heard all the shaders are in place, but there are some missing textures in areas. Other then that it runs really well from what I've heard.

Same, have sounds too... the only thing missing is some of the textures... i hear.

The way that most people are playing it disables AI, but there is a way to play with AI... but not many have figured out how.

some textures are missing. you need to put a command in the console to turn the AI on.

too bad. so it seems like they have the whole game as of september then... *sigh*

talked to a few guys who've played it and they said that if you load SP maps from the MP interface the AI is disabled mostly, but if you just double click on the SP maps then they load and the AI plays perfectly. There are some missing textures, but theres a fix for that too:

move all the files (from hl2_tree.zip: scripts, resource, models, materialsrc, materials, maps) to the
hl2 folder: /hl2root/hl2

sounds cool, ehh?

update: oh and apparently hl2_tree.zip you have to dl seperatly... its not part of the original beta.

Originally posted by EinsteinsBrain
too bad. so it seems like they have the whole game as of september then... *sigh*
Not really. The leaked beta is very incomplete.

Back