Album of a landmark

burner69

Reaction score
Half-life 2, is excellent.
I admit it has flaws, I've been in threads arguing that the plot is far from perfect (let's not go into this now, though), and yes some battles, particularly with NPCs could be improved upon.

I've found myself picking it up a lot on these issues. But then if I go back, and think of other FPS, or any game that tries so hard to push boundaries - they're not close. Some, have vastly superior plot, and engage you in other ways, but a FPS is truly the only format you can actually BE in the action.

The battles vary, and the style you can go about them, from dodging cover to cover to get in close, or charging in with grenades and machine gun fire - many games try allowing a freedom of tactic, none suceed perfectly, HL2 made a dam good effort.

By trying to do this with every new bit of gaming technology out there; best physics (pushing the unpredicatbility factor up greatly), best graphics, AI - the best, but not great - showing how this element in gaming must be worked on to catch up with the advancement of the field - the greater realistic unpredictability, if you will.

Half life 2, in my books, my not be the best game ever, though it ranks highly - it is however, the epitimy of what we've got, the only game to attempt this. And Valve did well.

Now, to squeeze everything that we've got out of HL2, I'm proposing to use this thread to invite people to post all screenshots of interesting things that make this game great
* Any thing hidden in the game that adds depth to the plot
* Those elusive g-man pics
* Moments where you're clearly thick in the middle of an intense battle
* Frightening and shocking moments
* The beauty of the environment
* Easter eggs
* Funny moments - NPCs experiencing the physics of a grendade etc.
The game has flaws, yes, but is still great. I'm hoping this thread can be used to show just how great it is.

I've started the game on hard and have assigned 'space' to capture screenies, hopefully should have some good ones for ya. Will be posting some up very shortly.

Happy snapping

OK here's a few to get you started.

Firstly, a g-man piccy. Spotted him on the monitor of Dr Kleiners lab when I first arrived. That guy needs to get a new tie, his doesn't seem to fit at the moment.

Next one, my earlier face to face with Dr Breen, perfect; "I could have sworn it was... Gordon Freeman"

Lastly; made me laugh - Combine doctor investigating his buddy's worm infestation. Poor bugger.

I don't think HL2 had any really big flaws. I was surprised that it missed some things that were advertised - yes. But I think it delivered an excellent game, great plot and everything. There is really no aspect that dsappointed me, though there are a few surprises. For instance - where the heck were 5 driveables vehicles, bullsquids, several original HL monsters, etc.

The scenery was amazing. The insides of the Citadel, I was there with my mouth open. I love futuristic looking stuff, the graphics in there looked perfect, too, and with all the music to match... amazing.

burner69 said:
Lastly; made me laugh - Combine doctor investigating his buddy's worm infestation. Poor bugger.

LOLL OL ITS FANNY !!!!1 111

wait.. it's not

That g-man get's everywhere.

1. By the red building, Water hazard level
2+3. On a faulty monitor in the distance, showing usually a flickering Breen, then... who's this?

PatPwnt said:
It's scarey? If you don't like it, don't look at it. and.... stfu
how can you decide you like a picture or not before looking at it ?

Back