Allied Against AWP!

Reaction score
I dont know about you lot but the AWP or whatever the new name for it is ruins the game. People buy it and all they have to do is shoot you once to kill you. It totally ruins the idea of the game, doesnt give you chance to react or even see the person.
Before Source is used to play on many clan servers and every single one banned the AWP. When my brother was running a server for a clan he gave me his password to slap and chicken anybody that used the AWP.!

Its a crappy gun and i think it should be banned from the severs! Does anybody else hate it coz i better not be the only one!!!

Alot of CS Gamers are opposed to the AWP, and I don't like it very much - however I do not think it should be taken out of CSS

Why? Simple - in a clan match a talented AWP user is a great team member. Yes - it's irritating in a pub server when 6+ people are using them, but if anything you need to practice killing AWPers with a rifle. It is possible, and if you can keep moving and stay out of their radius as much as possible they are very much at a disadvantage.

I awp for fun sometimes, but usually scouting's more fun.

I don't mind about other awpers as the really good players generally are nice about not using them and I'm good enough to kill any of the nubs that try to use it.

its quite possible to take out an awper with your ak47 or m4a1 or what have you. just hit em in the head :)

im a sniper, and so i don't think AWP should be taken off the game. i feel CSS has "balanced" the AWP much now, by making it "heavier", yes?

but still, AWP-ers aren't gods. you just have to aim for the head. you can even do that with a simple USP.

if you still hate AWP players, why not join them, and learn how to use the weapon? pah. i don't get why you hate it.

It's true that on pubs some matches become farcical since half the opposing team has an AWM. And while nobody likes being shot and dead in one, there are ways around becoming a corpse by their hand.
I dont use it personally, partly cos I don't support the principle of getting a 1 shot kill by shooting someone in the kneecap, and partly because I'm much better with an assault rifle than a sniper (tho if I do snipe I only use a scout).

But peeps have been complaining about the AWM/AWP for yonks, and nothing will be done about it since there would be just as many complaining if it was removed from the game or weakened. Christ I remember the backlash when valve removed the quick reload(wep switch) exploit....

AWPing takes no skill at all, thats why people hate it.

If you really value yourself as a good sniper, learn to scout. It's so much more gratifying and then people will admit that you're good.

Audiophile said:
AWPing takes no skill at all, thats why people hate it.

If you really value yourself as a good sniper, learn to scout. It's so much more gratifying and then people will admit that you're good.

Quoted for emphasis...the truth

smsKONG said:
Quoted for emphasis...the truth

i find it unfair to say sniping requires no skill. if it really did require no skill, everyone would be a Pro AWPer.

but not everyone is.

The only time I ever tried the AWP was when I first started playing cs. I've used it literally twice. I can however hold my own with a scout (sometimes anyway:E ), so I do understand how much skill sniping requires.
However therein lies my point, I classify people who use scouts as snipers, people who use AWPs however are not true snipers since they need the extra power to make up for the fact that they can't get the crosshairs on the head of their target...

Not that this means using an AWP requires no skill, on the contrary for anyone who doesn't snipe at all, trying do so usually ends in failure. But in the grand scheme of things AWPs require much less skill to use than a scout does.

And I'm not flaming you as a lamer here, I'm just saying you can't call yourself a prosniper then expect to be taken seriously when you say that you use an AWP- since you DON'T have to snipe for the head to get a 1 shot kill

[EDIT] And to say we'd all be AWPing prosnipers if we could all snipe is total bull aswell, since I'm not too shoddy with the scout and have never decided to use an AWP because of that. There are alot of peeps out there that are fully capable of using an AWP, but decide not to because they either don't like it or because they don't like what it stands for.
Or do you want a pat on the back for using the middle of the road gun(skillwise)

i'm not a prosniper. take it this way, if i miss, chances are, i'm dead. and the chances of me missing are aout 50%, assuming i'm not good at it.

also, AWP is a lot heavier than a Scout is, which makes running away a lot harder!

anywho, i changed my order and am having my copy of HL2 delivered by Wednesday. wanna play? :D

Yup it's a date, I'm always happy to take on AWPers who can't hit a barn door:E

ooh im totally in on this too, im going to knife you before its out, and scout you a few times

AWPing does take skill. If the one being sniped understands to move quickly and all over the place, then he might have a chance to kill the AWP dude. AWP has always been in cs, and it should not be taken out. I have never been bothered by awp using players. I get more annoyed when a guy pops around a corner and shoots me in the head with a m4 while jumping and spinning the mouse.

So you've met me and my little friend then:)

[EDIT] I'm the annoying jumpy dude with the m4

I really dont mind the awp, if you are patient and see you teamates getting shot its usually pretty easy to flank him. I usually throw a smoke grenade or flash bang and run the other way, they almost always think somone is coming from that side. Also if you do kill them they are pretty much out the next round, the awp is expensive.

smsKONG said:
Yup it's a date, I'm always happy to take on AWPers who can't hit a barn door:E

as soon as i get my copy of HL2, i'll drop a post and you let me know which server. havent used the new AWP much yet, so if i hit the barn door and it turns out to be you.. :x poopsie, then!

I think scouting is a lot easier than AWPing (for me at least), since you are much quicker with the scout, it cost about half as much as the AWP, and with the AWP you're slower and you have to stop completely before shooting. Also a scout chest shot does 101 damage now for some reason. They really need to fix that.
With the exception of the 100 dmg scout chest shot I think all snipers are fine.

My take on the AWP is that it's realistic... It suks... I hate the assholes that kill me with it but it's real. You have to deal with it.

I'm an M4 guy and I Autobuy smoke and flash every time.

First of all i dont join AWPers coz frankly im crap with it, but thats not the reason i dont like it.

And its not a balanced gun because its become heavier. It still kills you in one shot.

And yes you can take AWPers out with a head shot from a M4a1 or AK47 but you can take anyone out with a headshot from the M4a1 or AK47 so it doesnt make a difference.

Because its a sniper rifle people can kill you from across the map, when you dont have a chance of hitting them. I think it at least should be changed so that the reload time is alot slower, give other people a chance. When source came out i saw that they had removed the sheild from the CT, and im sure it was because it ruined gameplay. They should have left it in to use against the AWP! !

Hmm i've been witnessing this kind of protest for 5 years now.

The AWP used to be one shot leg shots as well, but they took that out. You need to hit chest or head. That was the first nerf.

I think that's about as far as the nerfing is going to go. I actually enjoy the presence of such powerful weapons. It makes the game extremely challenging. Now after saying that i'll join 32 player aztec server and come against 12 awping cts and slightly regret my statement :)

Then vengeance will be brought upon them through my own awp.

I've been playing cs for about 5 years, and I've always hated the awp. But, recently I've started using it a bit myself, and I must admit that it's quite fun to use. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

a lot of people don't like the awp because it forces them to react and play differently.

ah whatever, they're just whiney pussies :D

:hug:

Awp is fine, learn to use smoke and the strafe keys. They can't fire accurately while moving, your scout can, bear that in mind. The rather...odd hitboxes on this game make it difficult to hit moving targets a lot of the time also.

Joy_Decoy said:
a lot of people don't like the awp because it forces them to react and play differently.

ah whatever, they're just whiney pussies :D

:hug:

hear hear! :imu: like bunnies waiting to be shot! tee hee hee!

Chase said:
Awp is fine, learn to use smoke and the strafe keys. They can't fire accurately while moving, your scout can, bear that in mind. The rather...odd hitboxes on this game make it difficult to hit moving targets a lot of the time also.

im pretty sure the scout doesnt hit "accuratly" while moving

Dudes, it requires skill to use AWP. Mant cant and thereby complain about the weapon. A AWP-wielder is easy to outrun outsmart if you stick to the task at hand. The real problem is people whos 14 and dont have any clue about teamplay or/and dont use their brains. There is also the must kill as many mentality. Such players never become any good and ends up cheating. No, public is a fray, If you are feeling that you need to whine about the game and its balance be sure that youre experienced with the game and play in a clan. Thats the way its intended to be played and thereby be judged,

fug of

It's just a different task!

You have to out snipe or flank the sniper. (flanking means sneaking behind them from a longer or diverted means) Flashbangs until you get cover or don't go down sniper alleys.

You can see a good sniper alley when it's an elevated semi-protected position. Long halls & open spaces. There is a back route with no sniper alleys in every map. If you can't find it it's your fault.

Milo 7 said:
im pretty sure the scout doesnt hit "accuratly" while moving

Try it yourself, it does actually. Obviously there's the slight inaccuracy the scout has when you're standing up, but it's still accurate enough to easily get you the kills at mid range while you strafe about avoiding his shots if you do it right, and if you're trying to take on a good awp at long range without smoke/an awp of your own then you deserve to die anyway really.

Mac said:
its quite possible to take out an awper with your ak47 or m4a1 or what have you. just hit em in the head :)

yes, but most times its not that easy. most times, the AWPer just camps around a corner, strafes, shoots into a crowd of players and kills someone. then he just camps again.

Ecthe|ioN said:
But, recently I've started using it a bit myself, and I must admit that it's quite fun to use. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Quoted for truth xD

buttshak3r said:
as soon as i get my copy of HL2, i'll drop a post and you let me know which server. havent used the new AWP much yet, so if i hit the barn door and it turns out to be you.. :x poopsie, then!

Hehe;)

When you get your copy just head over to the beef[half-life2.net} servers, I can usually be found on there after 10/11pm (when my connection stabilises enuf to not be like 56K). If I'm not there I'll be at the ADSLguide.org server (It'll be right near the top of the server list if you switch to alphabetic order- it also only runs aztec, office, dust/2 and now prodigy:) )

Weekends I'm on whenever tiscali deems fit to let my connection work properly:(

i like AWP sniper because half the time you can sneak up on them and knife them :)

Back