Alright this is my final answer(TF2)

Shockwave

Reaction score
As far us TF2 freaks go we imagined all the ties that could possibly be between HL2 and TF2 possibly being included. The more you think about it the more somethings just not right.

HL2 will have HL2 deathmatch either way its just mandotory...They dont need to be tight lipped about this but they are.(Possible that you must finish single player to be able to play multiplayer?!)..possible isnt it.

I am dead set that TF2 will be included with HL2 as a trial game for like 30 days or something along those lines. 1 map probably , your 30 day trial runs out, or the demo will have no expireation date. Comments from Gabe last October 2002 said they were almost to the point of showing us TF2, its 9 months later and this game is out there and people are playing probably as i type it(beta testers). As i said above, I think we will get a little taste of it somehow in HL2 and then a full release at christmas time.

Another thing to think of is that..(%99 sure that gabe said this)..Valve had been working on HL2 since the release of HL1, But actuall work of the game that we see now did not start until last September because the other 4yrs were designing the source engine and doing the storylines ect..ect. TF2 would be a much more quicker game to complete since its only going to be multiplayer(according to old official news)..

TY for letting me waste your time by reading this..
:dozey: :cool:

Bro, you really gotta get over your insane love for TF2. We know nothing about the damn game, stop speculating and making worthless threads about a game we know nothing about. FFS your avatar isn't even the real TF2 icon. Give it up already! Until we get some new news, your just trying to secure your mind that TF2 will come out.

I've been waiting for TF2 since I got HL and saw the preview that shipped with it.

This was a long time ago now. Like 5 years almost.

stop making threads about TF2?...wow i didnt know i posted about it all the time ty for you letting me know. Other than that go **** yourself cause you seem to ruin every thread on this board

Shockwave, calm down, I'm not going to blow up on you because your obviously mad. I've gone to the TF2 forum. I can't BELIEVE the speculation, it's worse than HL2. All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up high, because it will suck more when TF2 doesn't come with HL2. If it does, I will be blown away in surprise. I'd like TF2 just as much as you, but just stop with the whole HL2 coming with TF2 issue, Gabe said no, it's no, that's it.

TF2 probably won't be for half-life 2. With the current trends of online gaming (such ast UT, Quake 3, etc..) TF2 will be sold on it's own. You probably won't need half-life 2 at all to play it.

It's taken them a long time to show anything with it because I think they've over-hauled the engine twice now and it's obvious they've settled with the Source engine.

TF2 will probably be out in 2004, putting it out closer to when HL2 comes out could conflict with the sales of HL2.

I really can't see valve doing any kind of free mod for HL2, they have enough mod support as it is. They just need to sit back and watch the add-ons stroll in. Of course they could surprise us and maybe throw in a re-vamped verions of TFC (TF 1.5 gameplay and not TF2 gameplay) for the sake of keeping those hardcore TFC'ers happy.

Ya my counterpoint is that valve aint going to release 5 new games in a 1 yr span

HL2
TF2
Cs:Cz
Cs:Cz2
Dod 2

these are going to be retail games so there gonna spread them out over a couple years time.

They should just drop development on the game and save themselves from embaressment.

All of these games coming out will be retail. HL2, TF2, the next DOD, cs:cz, CS2, and any other big mods.

Steam will stay free but you will have to pay for these games over it, that means HL2, TF2, and any other games will be released through steam for money, hopefully some of the smaller mods will be free, maybe sven coop unless that ends up going retail. Now it would be very nice if they included TF2 with HL2 for free but i dont know about that. Ive figured that it either comes free with HL2, released through steam and/or store for $$, the question is though, if its not released with HL2...how long will the wait be? I really hope they release it with HL2...i would absolutely love that, and since they keep saying there will be suprises for HL2 multiplayer then we all know it will feature deathmatch and probably team deathmatch and then of course TF2 included....damn i really hope so.

Originally posted by Fat Tony!
wot u mean by that koldfire

I mean TF2 has no buissness being shipped with such a great game. TF/CS are the worst games of all time and the newer ones will definetly put a dent in vales record. Hopefully people will forget about those awful titles and pay attention to the more inovative mods that will folow HL2 release.

Awful titles? WTF? What kind of games do you play that are so great other than HL Mods?
HL Mods rule the world.

There's no way TF2 will be free. Maybe a TFC2 will be but not TF2. I've you've followed the development of TF2 then you know it's just to big to be released as a free game.

TFC2 might be this surprise because people buying HL2 can get hyped up over TF2 which will probably be released in 2004.

I think all the mod's will stay free. People would protest to paying for something t hat they go free before. CS:CZ will probably be retail but I'm betting all the mods will stay free. The only reason they were sold in stores before was because of their giant success, their large file sizes (no way 56k is going to download 100mb's) and to get the word out about the game.

Mod's sell games. People bought Half-Life becuase of TFC and CS. It's a new and clever way of marketing. When you make a mod free and easily accessible, people will download and play it and tell their friends about it.

I think HL2 will follow the same path has HL1. Mod's will be free but later will be sold in stores for people who didn't buy HL2 and for people who can't download the large files.

koldfire, you must not forget that you are a dumbass and your opinion means nothing, one more thing, TFC use to be the biggest played mod out there until CS came along, so shut the hell up.

Originally posted by Shockwave
Ya my counterpoint is that valve aint going to release 5 new games in a 1 yr span

HL2
TF2
Cs:Cz
Cs:Cz2
Dod 2

these are going to be retail games so there gonna spread them out over a couple years time.

CS:CZ isn't being made by Valve. There's no such thing as CS:CZ2... Maybe CS2, but that's being made by the original creator of CS. DoD2 isn't being made yet, but that will be made by the DoD team. TF2 had it's own team within Valve, so making of TF2 and HL2 happened at the same time. Also, TF2 was planned to be it's own game, with single player missions... It wasn't going to be multi-player only.

However, all this is very old news. We have no idea what they are doing right now. They could release TF2 as a retail game, with a shitload of single player missions and a massive multiplayer experience. Or it couild be the "official" free mod for HL2 which just comes with a basic multiplayer. Who knows what they've decided on since then? We have no idea what's going on with TF2.

Why would Valve be so secretive about HL2's multiplayer unless it was something special? If it was just a DM of some sort, they probably would have said it a long time ago... But because of the secrecy, we should expect something with TF2 or CS2 or possibly something else equally exciting.

Originally posted by Netcode
Awful titles? WTF? What kind of games do you play that are so great other than HL Mods?
HL Mods rule the world.

Who said i don't play hl mods? did i ever say that? please point me to a post where i said that? no seriously, when did i say that?

They hunger series was great. :bounce: Best half-life mod ever :cool:

Originally posted by tokin
koldfire, you must not forget that you are a dumbass and your opinion means nothing, one more thing, TFC use to be the biggest played mod out there until CS came along, so shut the hell up.

lol grow up. yeah everyone who doesnt like the game is a "dumbass" huh. plz.

first person on my ignore :cheers:

If TF is the one worst games of all time then why is it one of the most popular games on the internet and why is CS is the most popular internet game?

Originally posted by Tr0n
If TF is the one worst games of all time then why is it one of the most popular games on the internet and why is CS is the most popular internet game?

How many times do i have to hear that? let me say this again.

That is like saying 50 cent or backstreetboys are good just because millions of people listen to them. People have bad taste in entertainment.

Wether you like a particular mod or not is up to you. However you have to respect TF when it was made as a Q1 mod. It was pretty impressive. Back then there wasn't anything like that at all. It was a pretty revolutionary idea at the time, when multiplayer online games were so young. Saying that TF isn't innovative makes you sound like a fool. You can say it sucked dick, but it was definatly innovative.

2 of the guys that made TF are working for valve, and in past interviews they have really innovative ideas, so TF2 isn't just going to be more of the same- like They Hunger. Sure, good mod, just nothing innovative.

The same thing with CS. It brought online games into the spotlight. Not only that, it brought modding into the spotlight. I personally don't like it, but I respect what it has done, and I'm not going to go off calling it a worthless peice of shit when it clearly isn't.

Originally posted by Slash
Wether you like a particular mod or not is up to you. However you have to respect TF when it was made as a Q1 mod. It was pretty impressive. Back then there wasn't anything like that at all. It was a pretty revolutionary idea at the time, when multiplayer online games were so young. Saying that TF isn't innovative makes you sound like a fool. You can say it sucked dick, but it was definatly innovative.

2 of the guys that made TF are working for valve, and in past interviews they have really innovative ideas, so TF2 isn't just going to be more of the same- like They Hunger. Sure, good mod, just nothing innovative.

The same thing with CS. It brought online games into the spotlight. Not only that, it brought modding into the spotlight. I personally don't like it, but I respect what it has done, and I'm not going to go off calling it a worthless peice of shit when it clearly isn't.

I never said i didnt respect it, did i? Sure it did alot for the mod comunity and all that, but that still doesnt change the fact that the game sucks taint. Inovative? haha what about the delta force series? that was out way before both tf and cs. I just don't see what the big deal is.

Its not possible for people to have a "bad taste in entertainment" as such becuase the best entertainment is whatever entertains the most people. Its as simple as that. Sure TFC and CS might not have nice graphics, they might even be lacking in gameplay but they entertain the most people. Therefore they do there job very well and are the most entertaining games that the masses play.

And games quite clearly dont have to be inovative to be the most fun.

"grow up. yeah everyone who doesnt like the game is a "dumbass" huh. plz."

U dug ur own ****in grave with that comment.
So everyone who likes a game is a dumbass are they? NO they arnt. hipocrit

Koldfire's only contribution to this forum so far is to say how much CS and TFC suck. Not just that he doesn't like them, but that they are the worst games ever. He even manages ot work this into threads that aren't even about TFC or CS. I think it's pretty safe to assume that he's trolling, and probably a god idea to just ignore him.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
Its not possible for people to have a "bad taste in entertainment" as such becuase the best entertainment is whatever entertains the most people. Its as simple as that. Sure TFC and CS might not have nice graphics, they might even be lacking in gameplay but they entertain the most people. Therefore they do there job very well and are the most entertaining games that the masses play.

And games quite clearly dont have to be inovative to be the most fun.

"grow up. yeah everyone who doesnt like the game is a "dumbass" huh. plz."

U dug ur own ****in grave with that comment.
So everyone who likes a game is a dumbass are they? NO they arnt. hipocrit

Tf2 fans love to put words in peoples mouths :eek: when did i say that?
I just said they had bad taste. # 2 on the list. thnx

Originally posted by Apos
Koldfire's only contribution to this forum so far is to say how much CS and TFC suck. Not just that he doesn't like them, but that they are the worst games ever. He even manages ot work this into threads that aren't even about TFC or CS. I think it's pretty safe to assume that he's trolling, and probably a god idea to just ignore him.

I keep my posts on topic. I don't troll :dork: New here and i thought this was about HALF-LIFE 2. not some shitty military sim. meh mabye they arent so bad. after reading this post, and seeing how thick the tf and cs fans are i am glad they will be keeping those rejects out of HL2 Muliplayer. :cool:

Delta Force? Uh... wasn't that released in 1998? TF came out before that. And its nothing like CS. I don't see your point regarding Delta Force. Its a more wide-open rainbow six. I don't think delta force did anything new. Tribes had wide open areas too.

<sarcasm>Delta Force- one of the greatest, most innovative games of our time!</sarcasm>

You don't know what HL2 multiplayer is.. lmao.. Military sims? Where? TF and CS aren't military sims...wtf are you talking about?

Originally posted by Apos

Yea no kidding, I'm done with him. He makes no points to back up anything he says. I'll make a bot that posts for him:

"TF sucks"
"CS sucks"
"TF/CS are the worst games ever"
"I like The Hunger"
"I like Delta Force"
"What about %n ?!"
where %n is a game coming out after the one being debated
"TF/CS Suck"
"I stay on topic: TF and CS suck"

Originally posted by Slash
Delta Force? Uh... wasn't that released in 1998? TF came out before that. And its nothing like CS. I don't see your point regarding Delta Force. Its a more wide-open rainbow six. I don't think delta force did anything new. Tribes had wide open areas too.

sarcasm>

haha. and tf and cs are? LOL. what do you want me to say? If someone does not like a game, they just don't like it. christ ou are like one of those door to door jehovas witness people.

Meh. I don't want to get involved in this flame war, but I got a couple things to toss in:

1) I always hated CS. It's hardly innovative, especially for it's time.

2) TF QuakeWorld, while not the most innovative game, still had some original ideas, especially relative to the ideas for mods in its time. I respect that you hate the game, but I love it personally

3) The Delta Force series was never great, IMO. NovaLogic seems to always have taken what other companies recently did, make a couple of their own levels, and brand it under the Delta Force name. The newest one, BHD, is pretty good, but the others (especially Land Warrior), was never that good, in my opinion.

Now, please. Let's stop the flame wars. I thought that stopped with the departure of THUGENSTEIN.

-Vert

TF for quake 1 brought the idea of team work into multiplayer games. It was a nice change from DM and since it was more popular people see it as innovative (instead of other mods that probably did encourage teamwork but were never popular)

Originally posted by Koldfire
Who said i don't play hl mods? did i ever say that? please point me to a post where i said that? no seriously, when did i say that?

They hunger series was great. :bounce: Best half-life mod ever :cool:

I didn't say you said you never play HL Mods.
The question is what games do you play that are greater than HL Mods?
You said TFC is an awful mod. Well tell us which mod you think is so great.

Back