Alyx, and other NPCs

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
I noticed that, quite often, the conversation would shift to the story line and the characters no matter the topic of the thread. So, I thought I might provide a venue for character discussions and keep the other threads free. I would like to hear from all of you: what you think of the characters, what personality traits they possess, and how they will develop exe.
Forgive me if this is unneeded/unwanted.

Examples of discussion of the characters in HL2 derailing the thread would be helpful, because I've not had any problems with it personally. If it needs to be discussed there, it's discussed. If it doesn't, then it isn't. You can't force everyone to have their opinions in one place. Often the discussion in one thread will give someone ideas or thoughts that they might not have had otherwise, and that thread is the most appropriate place to provide them. Having a dedicated thread doesn't provide the same stimulus.

Besides, there are probably plenty of other threads about the NPCs specifically.

i second that. it is calles "dynamic discussion developement", or short "Triple D" :D

I started this because, to me, the characters and their personalities are the most important part of the Hl2 series. now that you have throughly rebuked me for trying. what do you think about Alyx, Barny, ELi, Mossman, exe. you must have made some observations about their personality, and have some speculations as to their role latter in the game.
What I think, in a nutshell, is... The relation ship between Alyx and Gordon will develop but if it does turn into a romantic relationship (likely)it will be different due to Alyx's strong more independent character. Also, what role will Barny play in ep3, and what history do Barny and Gordon have? Barny is so friendly and familiar with Gordon but we don't see enough of him to really know why (unless I am missing something). any way those are just a few of the thoughts I have and if any one would like to share theirs they would be welcome. if this thread dies off I can always use some "DDD" and turn another thread in the direction of character discussions.

Barney

I hate Barney and he is a retard that is Barney in a nutshell :rolling:

And he probably is dead...

Really, there are way more important things to worry about than the fact that discussions change on forums. Like all the trouble in the world! Things like :sniper: in real life and such.

Back