Alyx gave me a kick in the face

heer0

Reaction score
I was replaying EP1 for the n-th time because i bought me a new GPU and wanted to gaze at the graphics, when in the end of Lowlife i was standing near a zombie (reloading) and Alyx was close to me. She took a swirling kick at the zombie and hit us both. My health dropped from 100 to 83 and energy from ~60 to 35, the zobie was wasted. Now that was unexpected.

Did any of you encountered such a behaviour, or is it possible anyway?

Guess she was mad at me because i threw a barrel at her a bit earlier...:LOL:

Well, did I mention in AC1 the rebels crushed me when they lowered that funny metallic bridge?

That's cool - didn't know her mel?e attacks could hurt you. I guess it's technically a bug, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. :)

If i knew it will happen i would've surely take a vid of it, but alas...

Ha great. Now just get close to a headcrab and see if she stomps on you!

"Did I get it?"

Huh, so if you stand infront of Alyx when she's shooting, then she'll shoot you?

I am not sure about that either. Because once i found myself in the 'crossfire' between her and a zombie, and i took a hit on my health. But i am not sure this was Alyx's fault.

You sure the Zombie didn't hit you?
Yup, i am sure. I was facing the zombie and it was standing still. The next moment the headcrab flew out, and the last thing i remember was a strong pain in the head, then everything gone black...:x :p

i dont think so... you either got hit by a zombie, some sort of physic bug (or any other bug that could potentially take damage off u) or ur just lying...

i dont beleive Alyx can damage u in anyway.

Except if she dies :(

or ur just lying...
Yeah right, like i am wasting precious bytes and internet bandwidth just to make stories. But then, you ain't forced to believe me anyway...

Maybe the melee attacks work like the crowbar. Just a physics object spinning around and damaging whatever it hits.

It does work that way, but usually i don't get too close, or the game just 'pushes me back' from Alyx when she does that

My guess is that the damage was taken because the body of the zombine accidently collided with you. Or something like that...

Now just get close to a headcrab and see if she stomps on you!
She stomps on headcrabs? Didn't ever notice that...

Thats almost as good as the time i clipped a barral to a zombie. and it stuck.
imagine if she had kicked him in the chops.

That make's me want to go try it and see if I can get it to work.

Got caught in the way of her little auto and got my balls blown off...all because the zombie leapt up to face level with me.

Back