alyx.jpeg in 3rd preload.

Mechagodzilla said:
Is it possible that they are the model textures?
The textures are all in the VTM/VTF proprietry format. They are originally .TGA by the look of the tools that were used to do custom sprays/in the stolen build.

Chris_D said:
The textures are all in the VTM/VTF proprietry format. They are originally .TGA by the look of the tools that were used to do custom sprays/in the stolen build.

They still might have been saved as jpeg as backups or something? It would certainly explain why there's one for apparently every model.

i also noticed under the weapons folder they have a "superphyscannon" maybe this one can lift bodies :p

Could people not post things like that? It's not a major spoiler, but there are a lot of things like that being posted, and they all add up...

No worries, I'd just prefer people to be a little more careful. According to the timestamps, though, you could still have edited your post into spoiler tags...

mmmmmm....."bewaredog.jpg"

Is it Alyx's Powered Tamigotchi, or is just a normal dog

Mechagodzilla said:
They still might have been saved as jpeg as backups or something? It would certainly explain why there's one for apparently every model.

no, they're not textures. they're just screenshots of the model so you can see what it is without loading the model into a model viewer or into a map.

I'll tell you why there are JPGs for every model... it makes mapping easier being able to see what model your putting down before choosing one :)

can people stop posting names of files theyre finding in the preload? they can sorta give away some things.

Theres a picture for every main model, so they can be browsed in thumbnail view, helps mappers and stuff :O yes i did find that out dishonestly :S ill await my spanking like a good boy.

OMG... I found GManIsReallyGordonsDad.jpg, DrBreenIsARobot.jpg, and GordonWalksInOnAlyxDuringThe LesbianSexScene.jpg!

So will we get to play as Dog in mp? Wouldn't this be like a specialized role? It would be lame if he moved and took damage just like human characters.

Lobster, your avatar is annoying. Everytime I look at it I see the discolored head of a Geiger monster.

OCybrManO said:
OMG... I found GManIsReallyGordonsDad.jpg, DrBreenIsARobot.jpg, and GordonWalksInOnAlyxDuringThe LesbianSexScene.jpg!
Wow, are you sure that the last one isn't a .gif? :naughty:

so wait a minute

then if the preloads keep coming. then we should see a folder having something to do with the half life multiplayer right? or are they only preloading half life 2 single player? and then release. then the rest of the game right?

shit do we have like 39 more preloads to go?

Citizen 1150421 said:
so wait a minute

then if the preloads keep coming. then we should see a folder having something to do with the half life multiplayer right? or are they only preloading half life 2 single player? and then release. then the rest of the game right?

Its in catch files. I would say only 1 more dl thats when the game comes out.

Citizen 1150421 said:
so wait a minute

HL2 won't have its own multiplayer at release. CS:Source is the multiplayer component.

No-one knows that for sure so don't say it as gospel.

Man, valve knows everyone will be pissed if they don't ship a MP

kin83 said:
HL2 won't have its own multiplayer at release. CS:Source is the multiplayer component.

Going by that logic CS:Source should be in the preload.

We know that it's coming with HL2, yet it's not in the preload. Therefore HL2's other multiplayer (should there be one) may also come later/separately.

Unfortunately, it's not that sure if there'll be a HL2-themed MP shipped with the game. I'm not entirely sure on this, but I heard they'll release Source versions of todays one party-steam games as the MP part of the game.

I seriously doubt that CS:Source is going to by the MP component of HL2. That would seriously annoy people.

I also doubt that there will be any files relating specificly to MP in the preload files. Remember that Valve are keeping very uptight about the MP so it stands to reason the associated files wont be available until after the release. Rember that they are expecting us to be browsing through prelaod files, they did put one of the test files in it...

Yah.

Further to what Guinny said, I think any info, even file names, taken from the preloads should be treated as spoilers.

Chode said:
Is it just me, or is the hl2 community becoming

a) ruder

and

b) angrier

?

It's true. It's just like in Ghostbusters 2. We need some love juice to make us happy again

TMPer Tantrum said:
Yah.

Further to what Guinny said, I think any info, even file names, taken from the preloads should be treated as spoilers.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed and fifthed...

TMPer Tantrum said:
Yah.

Rgr! :rolling:

It said "/secret/secondtest/whatsmyname.jpg" in the view source on the second test and the picture was ALYX, then you find a file labeled alyx.jpg...strange....

Back