Alyx`s point of view

A

akatosh

Hey guys, how could be to see gordon freeman in action playing with alyx. Will be cool to see Gordon speeking and you, Alyx being mute. (i don`t know if Gordon is really mute but i think he isn`t, it`s just an Fps character, they don`t talk, exept baker and the others from Brothers in Arms)

hmmmmm,no.I dont like playing a girl that watches a guy shoot the fuc* out of things i should be.

lol, I don't know. It does sound like a pretty cool idea to me. Maybe they may do something like this sometime?

If this were to happen and Gordon were to speak, Hugh Laurie should provide the voice of Gordon. :O

Perhaps.

Hey guys, how could be to see gordon freeman in action playing with alyx. Will be cool to see Gordon speeking and you, Alyx being mute. (i don`t know if Gordon is really mute but i think he isn`t, it`s just an Fps character, they don`t talk, exept baker and the others from Brothers in Arms)

Hehe, the characters from Brothers in Arms aren't the only FPS characters who talk. Sorry, just had to add that.

I wouldn't like it. I'd rather play as a rebel and if I were to see freeman, only a few glimpses and no talking.

Yeah. If anything it should be like blue shift or something.

the seven hour war or the one week Gordon was in statis would make great games.

the seven hour war or the one week Gordon was in statis would make great games.

A strategy game based on the seven hour war would be pretty cool, though I'm not sure how the single player campaign would play out since the humans get crushed pretty quickly.

Valve could probably work around that, though. Perhaps there were some areas that held out longer than 7 hours, pockets of resistance with some kind of advantage (secret military technology, some kind of alien assistance, etc).

If they were going to make an Alyx spinoff I'd prefer it be a third person shooter with a deep cover system. It would be a good way to flesh out the storyline in ways that the other Half-life games could not.

What the hell?? Are you a moron? o_O

a) Do you really have a clue? We don't want to see Gordon speak!

b) Seeing Gordon outside his body would break the fourth wall

c) It would definitely not be canon, and Valve would hopefully sue.

d) How could you see Alyx if you're her. Not seeing Alyx is a bad thing.

e) Gordon might not be mute, but he doesn't say anything. Eva!

f) Go away.

Edit:
If they were going to make an Alyx spinoff I'd prefer it be a third person shooter with a deep cover system. It would be a good way to flesh out the storyline in ways that the other Half-life games could not.

Valve will not flesh out the story line! They would if they would, but they're not going to! How many times do I have to say this??

I`ve write that bad, no, not to play a game were you are Alyx, but to see a video or stuff like that.

If you were to play the game from Alyx's perspective, it would have to be very different from Half-Life. Alyx is an established character with her own lines and her own personality. Putting her into the role of a silent protagonist would be unable to convey her very character. It would be odd and something will always be amiss. This was actually one of the things I found a little weird about Blue Shift. It never felt right that the wise-cracking Barney had suddenly lost his voice.

They'd have to handle it differently. Maybe something in third person. I'm not sure if I would mind it, but I can see why many others would. It would depend on how receptive the HL fanbase would be to it. My guess is that the idea is not currently in the works though. Episode 4 will probably follow another new character. Or maybe Chell, or Shephard. Who knows. As long as the character is another "empty shell" like Gordon Freeman is, it's okay.

Aftermath was originally suspected to be a game from the perspective of Alyx.

A movie/film/short clip wouldn't work, because it would spoil the idea of perspective already established, and Valve don't want to.

That was only due to PC Gamer making a stupid joke.

Now, a third person game where you play as Alyx would be good.

That rumor was completely made up by bullshit journalism. I don't recall Valve ever suggesting anything of the sort, and most hardcore fans didn't like the idea. As far as I can tell, it was just some dumb guess that everybody ran along with.

That rumor was completely made up by bullshit journalism. I don't recall Valve ever suggesting anything of the sort, and most hardcore fans didn't like the idea. As far as I can tell, it was just some dumb guess that everybody ran along with.

As I said, it was speculation. Valve never mentioned it.

Sincerly, i don`t like to see hl2 in 3d person (GTA City 17 oh my god i`ve got a thread idea) because hl2 is an fps.

But you couldn't have it from Alyx's point of view because you wouldn't ever see her :(

I would like to see Alyx on her own adventure, something away from Gordon (she may observe him from afar, ala Blue Shift/OpFor).

If this were to happen and Gordon were to speak, Hugh Laurie should provide the voice of Gordon. :O

Perhaps.

I hate doing this but I second that statement to the highest extent physically possible

Actually, it was Gabe saying that he'd love to see an expansion starring Alyx, with plenty of Dog appearances. In the immediate aftermath of Half-Life 2, before the idea of episodes, informed by the Gearbox expansion method and under the impression from the Half-Life 2 ending that Gordon was to be put on ice for a while (the Vortiguant intervention still isn't that satisfying), people took the subsequent announcement of 'More Half-Life is coming soon!' to mean that we were going to see an Alyx based expansion. This was before it was even called Aftermath, since people were suggesting that it may take place before Half-Life 2.

Of course, given that Alyx was developed as an NPC for Episode One, it may have been the case that Gabe never intended (or ever even said) that Alyx should be a Player Character in her own expansion. In fact, now that the Episodes have happened, she feels too much of a well rounded character to be scaled back to be a voiceless FPS drone.

Barney on the other hand always remains an outside possibility. Especially as he's seemingly buggered off to do something more important than Episode Two. The selfish git.
I assume you're going on the merits of House rather than Blackadder? Because I'd have trouble placing a voice less suitable than Laurie with my British bias...

My favorite would-be Gordon is probably Edward Norton. I don't know why.

I'm thinking something high and squeaky. I mean, why else would he never speak?

Or maybe he always speaks... just does it in ultrasonic, so no-one ever hears him

Hey, I remember Hugh Laurie from Jeeves and Wooster.

And Bertie Wooster is not Gordon Freeman.

Barney on the other hand always remains an outside possibility. Especially as he's seemingly buggered off to do something more important than Episode Two. The selfish git.

A game as Barney, or an episode of HL2 would be feasible.

Back