AMDZone Examines HL2DM

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Chris from AMDZone has sent word of a new article that takes a look HL2 Deathmatch, and benchmarks a couple of their time demos, just for fun. [br]
[br]The results of the tests are quite interesting... check them out!

Good read... I had fun on there earlier but it does need something extra to keep me coming back.

We need a counterstrike style game... within the Half Life universe. Combine vs Resistance instead of CT vs Terrorists.

With Gravity guns.

Wraithen said:
We need a counterstrike style game... within the Half Life universe. Combine vs Resistance instead of CT vs Terrorists.

hell no! it's half life 2 multiplayer. play cs:s, if you want your up-to-date counterstrike. but this one should keep the pure goodness of hl2. why should it be hl2 mp, otherwise? it is, what people needed.

I liked it,

gamespy.com
gamespot

they all have reviews for it :)

lonestar said:
hell no! it's half life 2 multiplayer. play cs:s, if you want your up-to-date counterstrike. but this one should keep the pure goodness of hl2. why should it be hl2 mp, otherwise? it is, what people needed.

I was just trying to think of a way to give it a little more depth. While keeping the Gravity Gun.

I wouldn't call it an article.. slideshow of screenshots maybe, but not an article.

40 fps barely playable???
i would kill for that type of framerates, and i can play pretty well at around 20 :|

EDIT:
"and through all the lag, the action seemed like it could be fun."
sounds like gamespy is in denial. can't even admit that it WAS fun. :rolleyes:

Lol i get like 20-10 fps all settings max and im super happy.

I'd like to see their next set of benchmarks. ;)
Good so far though. Of course we already knew HL2 was quite CPU bound.

Is that a review or just a screenshot gallery? :p

I browsed through all 13 pages and couldn't find links to the timedemo. Did I miss them or are they not available for download?

Did anyone else see that purple and black "missing texture" texture in a lot of their screenshots?

yea,
i get the purple textures in cs:s sometimes. when i hit the windows key and minimise out of the game. Then go back in and sometimes things go purple like water ect. Restarting the game fixes this. :afro:

dm_lockdown0047_small.jpg

It think someone needs to validate their files...:p

good article, padded out with a lot of screenshots tho..

DM for me has been laggy as fcuk.. even on low ping servers

This was not a good read. They revealed nothing important and made no suggestions to increase frames or compare different hardware.

At least it had a few screens, but then I can get them on my own if I wanted. Wish they would have done a real benchmark that would help someone compare hardware/settings.

That purple looks like a missing cubemap texture.

Didn't AMDZone notice that? It's pretty.. noticable.. Wonder why the textures are missing though..

Who in their right mind says 40 fps is barely playable. Jesus H Christ!

I think that's why they had 40fps across the board in all resolutions. Missing files = things slow down. At least that's how it was for me in the video stress test when I had "pink" everywhere... which appeared to be a random bug that usually gets fixed when reloading. Hrm.

The Dark Elf said:
I wouldn't call it an article.. slideshow of screenshots maybe, but not an article.
GG Elf totally agree but a bit stronger.

This guys is an idiot. First of all the review sucked. All it did was give screenshots and 2 sets of FPS. What about the choke issues so many are having, the lag, what hardware are they using, etc. This review just agravated me and makes me need to npow go kill some people in DM. Maybe that was their intention...?

If I read that correctly he said DM is slower or not as fast as CS:S. Is this guy a complete moron? DM I am getting shot from 4 directions in a room the size of Aztec bridge bombsite.

I give this article 0 credibility.

HL2DM owns

Man, HL2 DM is awesome. It's just how it should be. Totally awesome.

How cool is it to launch filing cabinets and flatten complete strangers?

I wouldn't change a thing. I love the gameplay evenly with 2 or 20 people. The weapons are great, and whenever you don't have a weapon the gravity gun is there for you.

Back