American aid money used for weapons in the Palestinian territories

Nemesis6

Reaction score
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,490160,00.html
SPIEGEL ONLINE: What will improve for people in Gaza now that Hamas is in control?

Zahar: The good thing is that we can now collect information about our enemies and informants from foreign powers. We will look for Israel?s spies.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Last week there were street battles in the West Bank between Fatah and Hamas militias. Fatah maintained the upper hand. How will Hamas loyalists defend themselves in the event of any new fighting?

Zahar: Let me ask you: How have we defended ourselves so far against the Israeli occupation?

SPIEGEL ONLINE: With bombs and attacks?

Zahar: Exactly. But you said that, not me. ...

SPIEGEL ONLINE: The militant wings of Fatah and Hamas have been fully armed over the last few months. Are these weapons still in circulation?

Zahar: There are naturally very many weapons around now. Two years ago, one bullet in Gaza cost around ?3.50 ? now it would cost 35 cents. The American aid money has been translated into weapons. Thank you, America!

"Thank you, America!" Sassy or honest terrorist? You decide.

This is exactly why the Palestinian authority should NOT get any money whatsoever, the likes withheld from them by Israel and America.

Isreal spends millions on weapons with money America gives it.

Most of the weapons used by the Palestinians are used in internal fighting. I'm sure America and Israel appreciate this.

Well, Israel gets money from America because they're allies and because -- and I hope this is the reason -- they realize that keeping Israel from getting "wiped off the map" is in the best interest of democracy in the Middle East. But how is that relative to this?

Back