Anchorman Sequel

Great news, just to see what they can do next with such a weird character.

San Diegoans across the globe rejoice.

saw that clip last night on youtube and immediately posted to facebook. I hope they don't butcher it

GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN! This is fantastic news. I'm worried about the butchering too Warped, after having seen the Anchorman 1.5 film thingy with the out-takes which didn't make the final film its really obvious why they were left out. I wondered if they stumbled upon success with Anchorman just as the original Hangover film did, with the sequel being arse.

Well it couldn't possibly be worse than The Weather Man! I don't know what they were thinking with that sequel, it was like a completely unrelated movie or something! I mean Nick Cage? ..

I still haven't seen Anchorman, but I'm guessing it's good?

I rewatched the original in February. It did not age well.

I hope they don't butcher it
I'm worried about the butchering too Warped, after having seen the Anchorman 1.5 film thingy with the out-takes which didn't make the final film its really obvious why they were left out. I wondered if they stumbled upon success with Anchorman just as the original Hangover film did, with the sequel being arse.
I'll echo these sentiments about hoping it's good. IMO, Anchorman is a pretty classic comedy film and to see its legacy ruined with a crappy sequel would definitely annoy me somewhat.

I'm not sure I agree entirely about the whole "Wake Up Ron Burgundy" thing. I mean, every film has parts they cut out because they just don't make the grade or because of time constraints and those parts do have a tendency to be crap. It was slightly cheap of them to release a director's cut kind of thing with scenes they'd left out, yes, but that was pretty much just to cash in on the success of the DVD release. That they cut out rubbish parts doesn't necessarily reflect on the final edit of the original, they obviously got the balance of material just right, which is probably why it ended up becoming what it is now.

I would hope that with the amount of time they've had between the last Anchorman film and this announcement, they've had time to come up with some golden comedy stuff and really work at a script as opposed to pumping out another sequel in a rush to make more money and it being lame as hell. I'm not entirely sure that a sequel would be anything like the Anchorman 1.5 material that didn't make the cut in the original. Fingers crossed anyway.

If it does suck, I'll be disappointed. Which is why I'm in 2 minds about whether it's a great idea to do it. But then we haven't seen anything of it yet, so judgments are reserved.

I still haven't seen Anchorman, but I'm guessing it's good?
I think it's one of Will Ferrell's last good films. I mean, Yorick's right, the humour is pretty dated and we're probably all a bit old for it now, but it definitely has its moments.

I rewatched it after seeing this thread, still pretty good. The jokes are a bit old, but mainly because they were repeated ad verbatim when it came out, but there's still some good stuff. If you've never seen it, I imagine its still great. Steve Carrel is still the funniest actor in the movie though, and holy shit he seems so different after watching him in the office in spite of the fact that hes doing the same kind of humor. He played his character perfectly.

I think it's one of Will Ferrell's last good films. I mean, Yorick's right, the humour is pretty dated and we're probably all a bit old for it now, but it definitely has its moments.
Says somebody who's never seen "Everything Must Go"

Thanks for bumping a four month old thread to tell me I'm not up-to-date with Will Ferrell movies

Thanks for bumping a four month old thread to tell me I'm not up-to-date with Will Ferrell movies
who cares how old this thread is? check the damn movie out and post about that. This thread was still on the top half of the front page for this subforum.

Not as bad as my posting in this old thread to indicate that I'm over the whole Anchorman thing, never much cared for Will Farrell aka Yell Man and this movie will most likely deliberately try to be two hours of meme fodder and thus fail.

Back