Another Novint Falcon Giveaway!

Reason.. err.. its what I got when mashing the keyboard with my face.

Out of curiosity - how many of you are actually trying to work out a value, and how many of you are just guessing a number?

Aargh. I've changed my mind 3 times already and I may well come back and do so before the end! Also, one small part of me thinks you'll not have any friendly fire meaning obviously that the number is 0!...... Ooooh, decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Someone else chose the same number, so I'll go with:-

I was reading this site since december 2008 when L4D came out and didn't register. Looking forward in getting this Noviant.

P.S. Everyone good luck!

ummm, lets see here;

You take Pi - the calculations from day to night X the time it takes to win a campaign / the number of noob tanks you kill > then the number of fail boomers that can't puke - the amount of how many people that are playing Dead Air over and over again + the several hundred times you hear Louis yelling "PILLZ HERE!" X by the amount of a first time player hitting the "hoard button" while the rest of the team is puked on and running from a tank at the same time < how many people you see raging in one game - lucky f!@# smokers who pull you from the most crazy spots + headshot hunters in mid-air + number of people who shoot at, and throw molotovs at you - the number of people you still hear b!tching about L4D2.

All this = to about...

0 to 10000000000000000000000000000000 (random?)

But if I must pick a number, I will choose

(anyone else like my thinking? lol )

It seems some people haven't read the rules as it says: Only members who joined prior to Thursday, August 20th may enter. The last giveaway was open to anyone, this one is for the established members.

And some have still entered who only signed up in Aug 2009

It seems some people haven't read the rules as it says: Only members who joined prior to Thursday, August 20th may enter. The last giveaway was open to anyone, this one is for the established members.

And some have still entered who only signed up in Aug 2009

I joined before Aug. 20 (joined Aug. 13)

Also I did have account on here before, years ago, but do to reformatting and forgetting what email I did use, I had to make a new account with my new email.

But yes, I know what you mean. Just thought I would state my case.

I'll go with 1496. Yes, I used super complex math equations to come up with that number.

I'm not entering for obvious reasons, but good luck to everyone!

Yes, i pulled that out of my ass. It's quite sore now.

I joined before Aug. 20 (joined Aug. 13)

Also I did have account on here before, years ago, but do to reformatting and forgetting what email I did use, I had to make a new account with my new email.

But yes, I know what you mean. Just thought I would state my case.

Same case here... even the join date is the same... that's odd haha.

Out of curiosity - how many of you are actually trying to work out a value, and how many of you are just guessing a number?

I carefully tried to work out the number. Might as well put some info into this post instead of merely guessing.

All these guesses/estimates are based on my stats since I can't the person who-played-the-game's stats page.

With an average infected killed per hour of 376, I usually finish a campaign at an average time of 55 minutes. So kills = 345, but I'm going to increase that because I don't play enough finales (though maybe whoever played that round didn't get to it?). Let's go with 1.5*345, so 518.

Next, friendly fire incidents. I average around 110 damage per session, but that doesn't state with which gun, nor does the OP state what gun, so it's hard to divide the total damage by the average damage done by a single shot. Going with the rifle, I'm guessing 2.5 clips to down someone, so 2.7 clips to get my average ff damage. 110/(2.7 clips * 30 bullets) = ~1.36 damage per bullet, so 110/1.36 = 80 hits, but that's skewed in favor of the shutgun, so I'm going to say 50 due to the fact that I dont use the AR 100% of the time.

Then, accuracy. Who knows, especially with the Falcon. Probably lower than with a mouse, and definitely lower than me. :p Going by the pistol (fired the most bullets from it), my accuracy is 70% (but who knows, the stats can be wrong as they show 100% for the AR). Reduce that number to due to the Falcon, so 45%.

518*50*.45=11655. But since no one has gone even remotely that high, I'll just go a bit greater than the current largest number. So Let's say 7000. Final answer. :D

This is from putting in approximate values that I can remember from playing with Pi.

Back