Anti-cheating

TrueWeltall

Reaction score
Havent seen any topics about this for halflife 2, Id like to know what halflife 2 has for anti-cheating. Any input would be nice to know.

Hopefully ValVe have done loads to combat these annoying Twatting people who insist on trashing everyones fun.:bounce:

Rant over..:cheese:

YOu sure it's not just the overall population that is decreasing? :cheers:

perhaps.. i wouldn't know since i quit long ago.

Because of the cheating .?

I quit Cs long time ago because, i usually kill cheaters on servers and get on the first place, after that i get kicked by console..and + cs is soo boring.. i havent played it for like 6 month

actually it's increased since about 6 months ago. Quite considerable too. Maybe it's a result of people returning to brush up in anticipation of CS:CZ and HL2.

Counter Strike is still going strong compared to other Mods and even most retail games. But it is slowly dying off.

Anyway back on topic...

Im sure Valve has done alot of work on anti-cheating. The only concern I have is with the physics being handled client side, since that COULD make it easier to cheat, (imagine people flying in CS.)
But then again they have probably worked that out. Besides It would cause severe bandwidth problems if the physics were handled Server side anyway.

look @ the planethalflife.com news post about the spychics

I've played CS since it has come out. Sometimes I go on and off but only for about a week or so. It's still the most populated multiplayer game ever. Thats incredible for however many years its been running now.

I've played CS since it has come out. Sometimes I go on and off but only for about a week or so. It's still the most populated multiplayer game ever. Thats incredible for however many years its been running now. I think people are starting to come back to it, anticipating HL2, CS:CZ, TF2. Just yesterday I played a little Half-Life which I havnt played in a long ass time.

Back