Any other bassists in here?

-Kashmir-

Reaction score
If so, how long have you been playing, and what bass do you have? I've got a Fender Squier p-bass, cherry colored. Pics later.

I play a Fender Jazz (red) and I've been playing for about 6 years. I'm really only a casual player these days, but I use to play it quite a lot when I was younger. These days I just crank up the distortion and play slow, dirty, crushing strums for 10 minutes, then play some more.

I had an Ibanez 5 String that I got after graduating high school, but I sold it. Wish I hadn't. I might get another within a couple years.

I've been playing bass for a short period of time, sort of got forced into it. Don't know the type, seeing as it's not mine

but it's red \:D/

lol, can any of you guys do slap-mute funk playing?

Oh, you mean like the seinfeld theme? You dick.

I've been playing bass for more than five years. I have a squire P that I've mutilated, an Ibanez cheapo, and a gretsch short scale that I recently purcahsed. Fun as hell.

^Primus too^

All my friends are bass players.. You'd expect there to be more guitar players then bass, but I only know of 2 other guitar players (besides me) at my school.. Guitar is dying omg!

Seriously though, bass is cool, if I could get one for cheap I'd go for it. And all of you better be finger pickers, no picks for basses.

I cannot stand picks. I play with my index nail for the most part. I guess my nail is my pick.

^Primus too^

People who don't know about bass aren't thinking of primus when they talk about slap bass. It's irritating.

Anyway, yeah, bass players seem to be a dime a dozen nowadays. It makes finding drummers difficult....er.

Les Claypool is the first guy that comes to mind when you say 'bass'

Back