Any Renegade X players

SoylentGamer

Headcrab
Reaction score
Renegade was an FPS made by Westwood studios, their first and only foray into FPS games after making many RTS games (classics like Dune 2, Tiberium, Red Alert). Recently it was remade as Renegade X, which is currently free to play in open beta. So, are there any fellow players here on this forum?

Yeah I was a huge Renegade player back in the day and I've been playing Renegade X for a couple months. Love it actually, more people should play it.

I might check it out. I used to wake up 2 hours early before school just so I could get in more C&C Renegade back in the day.

I tried some today. Pretty good in most areas, the games I was in were both really stalemate-y, but that could have been the maps and/or server settings I suppose.

I might have to download it at some point. I also loved playing Renegade multi back in the day.

boink

I tried some today. Pretty good in most areas, the games I was in were both really stalemate-y, but that could have been the maps and/or server settings I suppose.
Renegade is known for stalemates. If you play on a marathon server, one with no time limit, that is bound to happen. I usually avoid marathon servers because of that though.

I've also found Field to be the worst map for it, by far.

Goldrush isn't much better. Basically maps with strong base defense buildings.

Definitely. Vote for maps like Whiteout. Maps with siloes are usually less stalemate-y

It was one of those things I was keeping an eye on for ages and then kind of forgot about. Last I remember was when they released a SP mission as a demo. How often does it update now?

Last update was October it looks like, the next was due around Christmas, delayed by holidays and so should be any time now.

Back