Anybody feel like going 24 hours with no sleep or food?

Fasting is ****ing stupid by the way. I just want everyone to know.

I did enough of this two years ago when I was taking heaps of acid and forgetting I was a physical being with wants and needs like food, water and sleep.

These days I kinda' cherish it. :(

Anyways, lately I have been pulling 9AM-5AM *sleep* *Wake at 9AM* to finish mass amounts of school work in a single day, terrible habit. What usually happens is I end up drinking a lot of black tea or coffee between 11PM-5AM to get me in the working mode, but when you go to sleep with caffeine and a lack of rest, some weird ****ing shit happens. Not sure if anyone else experiences it, but it feels like you are on a boat, mixed with a throbbing feeling, you are 70% asleep 30% awake, and you have the weirdest ****ing dreams that mix in with the physical world. Usually either a very creepy or enlightening experience.

Yes I did that for about a year. My beverages of choice were Sweet Leaf Tea and frozen/slushy Dr. Pepper. Also, I would eat a lot of gummy worms/sour patch kids (now irrevocably connected in my mind with Being Depressed and Overworked).
The next year my body said "No more!" so I'd accidentally fall asleep around 11 PM....
and then wake up at 4 AM, consistently (with no alarm!), to do my homework due at 9 AM. It didn't actually come out much worse than starting homework earlier; just more chaotic, and with uglier handwriting. This also ended up being a good set-up because anytime some fool would IM me the night before for homework help, I could honestly be like "Screw you, I haven't even done that problem yet." But the feeling of going to a 9 AM class after having been awake for 5 hours prior -- totally bizarre.

And now that you mention it, that was kinda when the dream/reality mixing started. Except mine weren't creepy. The dreams just became entirely mundane, such that they're able to create false memories.

I do the 24 four hours without sleep at least once a week becuase I work nights on the weekend.

I've been days without sleep before but food? Nowai.

Back