Anyone else hate media based april fools jokes?

[Matt]

Reaction score
Why the feck do internet sites/news channels/radio stations deem it necessary to join in on April the 1st jokes. Not a single one this year has even raised a smile on my face to the point where i view them as wasting their time. Anyone else agree?

Wait, is this post an April Fools joke......

In all seriousness, I agree.

I think they're great. The one about building an 81 mile bridge between Liverpool and the Isle of Man actually had me fooled until someone pointed out it was a joke. :|

Yeah, its pointless, especially considering we trick and fool people everyday of our lives anyway

lol at Questionable Content, XKCD, and Dinosaur Comics being switched.

Yes, I hate the internet on this day. I wish I would just avoid it entirely.

Google's was awesome though.

Youtube really annoyed me today with every video on the front page going to a rick roll video, it's frustrating when they don't know your suppose to stop after midday. That said i like the flying penguins the BBC did, that made be chuckle.

America lacks such archaic, barbarian customs as your "noon stop" on April Fools day, and your revoltingly low drinking age.

Stopping at mid-day? Wtf is that? Maybe if you're a wimp. Agreed @ Ennui.

Also, time zones kind of throw any effectiveness of that "rule" out the window.

In fact, the only way in which April Fools pisses me off is the amount of stupid people who don't realise what day it is. *looks at youtube comments* my lord.

I hate the april fool's that actually try to trick you into something. Some kid kept telling me his friend is going to jail. So what? It's stupid from every angle. The ones that make it more obvious like the wow bard class is just good humor.

Yeah, BBC, Youtube, the Metal Gear Solid one and the WoW one made me laugh.

Some, like Googles (really thorough, but not that funny IMO) were not.

7chan's joke had me in stitches after reading the comments post in /b/

7chan's joke had me in stitches after reading the comments post in /b/
mother****er, upon leaving the site did you get spammed with a billion IE windows opening? Because I did. That was not cool.

America lacks such archaic, barbarian customs as your "noon stop" on April Fools day, and your revoltingly low drinking age.
Yay for UK law allowing the drinking of alcohol from age 5 upwards!! (its only against the law to sell alcohol to under 18's)

and your revoltingly low drinking age.

Thats getting moved up though to I think 21.

Also, I love April Fools. And I'm not ashamed to admit I fall for a lot a good amount of the time.

Really don't like April Fools. Some good humor is fine, but I get annoyed when people act stupid and lie for no real reason, without a nugget of comedy in sight. This is particularly worse on the internet, where its legions of miscreants think tricking you into clicking another tired and annoying rickroll video is thoroughly lol-worthy. This only inspires my sadism. If your idea of a funny April Fools joke is to link to a stupid old meme that half the internet is sick of at this point, you're pretty ****ing unimaginative.

mother****er, upon leaving the site did you get spammed with a billion IE windows opening? Because I did. That was not cool.

Do you see how vulnerable you are? If someone can **** with your computer just for a gag, imagine what someone with tons of money invested in stealing tons of money could do.

Why use it?

The only good one I got throughout that entire day was from my girl.

Calling me at 5:30 in the morning to tell me that she's pregnant. D:

Oh man. That is good.

She wanted to test your reaction.. probably planned this all week!

So how did you react?

"oh snap! I'ma daddy"

(She must really like you to wake up that freakin early)

Not a big fan. I prefer practical jokes for April Fool's day. Like salt in the sugarbowl, simple things like that.

How do you ever get tricked into clicking a link on April 1st anyway? Just don't ****ing click anything you do not trust.

Damn son, thats a prank I wouldnt want to fall for anytime soon.

I love the internet on april 1st.

But there are obviously lamers like Shoe_ButtBack who just suck at april fools. But if you imagine them as Michael Scott from The Office, then even they're funny.

Back