Anyone up for a game of Sonic 2?

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded an emulator (Mega Drive/Genesis/SegaCD/32X/Game Gear/Master System) and looking through the readme I discovered that it can play games online. Is anyone up for a game? It'll probably be tricky to do (the readme said it was untested). PM me if you want to try it out with whatever game. ;)

Where do you get the emulator and games like that? That would be awsome to do.

That sounds fun, I love Sonic 2. Get on MSN.

Me and a friend used to play the old Golden Axe games online with a sega emulator..it was awesome :)

I am not too familiar with the rules, but I think that might not be allowed ríomhaire. The rom sites anyway I think emulators are fine.

IIRC: Roms are illegal unless you own your own hard copy of the original game. Emulators are fine.

Bob_Marley said:
IIRC: Roms are illegal unless you own your own hard copy of the original game.
Or if the copyright/licens is up for it.

Well I only posted the links because no one PMed me :p

Dumb Dude said:
You have a picture of Shadow as your avatar......

THEN LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

The war between DumbDudia and Riomharesville is now official!

I shall enlist as an infantryman for the nation of DumbDudia, and a prostitute for Riomharesville.

Sonic 2 was always really poor in Multiplayer. Worst was playing the special stages, where you'd be constantly jumping over each other trying to be the one who could get the rings. Plus it got boring for my friends, because I always won far to easily :p

Dear GOD! I only used Sonic 2 as an example as it was the first game that poped into my head! Golden Axe or Street Fighter or Bomberman would be better but Sonic 2 just poped into my head!
ríomhaire said:
PM me if you want to try it out with whatever game. ;)

ríomhaire said:
Dear GOD! I only used Sonic 2 as an example as it was the first game that poped into my head! Golden Axe or Street Fighter or Bomberman would be better but Sonic 2 just poped into my head!
Michael Winner called, says you should Calm Down dear.

You want the ultimate multiplayer game for sega, get Streets of Rage II. The other ones are good too, but the second is the best

Atomi said:
You want the ultimate multiplayer game for sega, get Streets of Rage II. The other ones are good too, but the second is the best
Oh shit, you're right :D

Get on MSN Riom.

Well this failed horribly for me and vegeta (with Streets of Rage 2) which is odd as I can sometimes get on an UT2K4 game with almost no lag, guess it's the distance between us. Anyone from Ireland or the UK want to try with me?

Back