Apple Reports Record Profits Despite iPhone 4 '"Problems''

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
''Its broken, its broken. How can they release a product that is faulty! RAGE!....

But I bought one anyway.''

The iPhone and iPad drive sales in the most profitable quarter in the company's history.

Apple put to rest any doubts that a faulty antenna would hurt the sales of their highly its iPhone 4 when it released their third quarter results on Tuesday. The company reported that 8.4 million iPhones were sold, which is an astonishing 61-percent increase over the same time period last year.

The iPad also got off to a hot start with 3.27 million units moved in its first quarter of availability. In Apple's release regarding their quarterly results this week, CEO Steve Jobs commented on the success of the iPhone 4 and gave his usual tease on what's to come.

"It was a phenomenal quarter that exceeded our expectations all around, including the most successful product launch in Apple's history with iPhone 4," Jobs said. "iPad is off to a terrific start, more people are buying Macs than ever before, and we have amazing new products still to come this year."

This year's third quarter was expected to be a big one for Apple with both the iPad and iPhone 4 hitting store shelves, and the company didn't disappoint. They posted their biggest revenue ever with $15.7 billion, compared to $9.73 billion in the same quarter last year.

Considering the huge monetary success of both the iPad and the iPhone this quarter, Apple's decision last week to give away free bumpers for the iPhone 4 seems like a drop in the proverbial bucket in terms of total cost impact.

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/110/1107565p1.html

Someone needs to slap the IGN editors. They cant even spot basic grammer mistakes.

''...the sales of their its highly iPhone 4...''????

*Stands ready with a batton*

So people whine but then buy it more than ever. Riiiiiiiiight.

Yeah, Apple products are so rubbish and overpriced that we've bought more of them.

FACT: people are stupid.

At least I'm not a hypocrite. When I say I hate something, I don't buy it anyway...

By people you must mean everyone? So everyone who ever bought the 4g must have whined about the reception cut outs before the ever touched the thing.

Most of the iPhone users do not care. These are not the people that are keeping up to date with sites like Gizmodo and Engadget with all the faults about these products. Or better said, these are the same people that had the original RAZR. Yes, that cool thin phone with the slow piece of crap OS and outdated features.

These are not the same people as you and I, these people will buy by the brand, design and not by the actual quality and specs.

I don't think I'll ever buy an iPhone. Too much stuff that I don't need.

Most of the iPhone users do not care. These are not the people that are keeping up to date with sites like Gizmodo and Engadget with all the faults about these products. Or better said, these are the same people that had the original RAZR. Yes, that cool thin phone with the slow piece of crap OS and outdated features.

These are not the same people as you and I, these people will buy by the brand, design and not by the actual quality and specs.

RAZR was and still is badass :sniper:

Yes, the OG razr

jobs_iphone_macworld_expo_2007.jpg

Steve Jobs: Hey guys, we have this awesome phone. Only problem with it is it can't actually make any phone calls.

119524_0995_pre-425x282.jpg

Apple Fanboys: Take all my money apple, please for the love of God take all of it!

Faults in product don't stop people buying them. It's far less important than the social factor. Apple products nowadays have a 'cool' factor. What's the problem if you phone doesn't work? All that really matters is the fact that you bought it before your friends, or you're not the only one in the group that doesn't have one.

Besides, if you just wanted a phone that worked, you'd get a Nokia 1100.

Back