APRIL FOOLS: ValveTime To Rebrand Once More: Introducing IrrationalTime

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you’re a regular visitor to our site, you might remember around this time last year when the site was rebranded from its longstanding title as “HalfLife2.net” into the current site, which has since been known as “ValveTime.net”. We are once again pleased to announce a major change for the site in the form of yet another rebranding. While we feel the initial change back in March 2012 helped to broaden the horizons of the site to encompass all things Valve, most of the site staff have recently become extremely bored with Valve’s endeavours, the most recent of which we feel have been heavily lacking in creativity and innovation.

What next? Well, just as Munro was planning to pull the plug on this clearly sunken ship, several of our staff quickly thought up a brand new direction for the site to take. Ladies and Gentlemen, you are now looking at the future official home of “IrrationalTime.net”, your source for all things Irrational Games, be it news, updates, reveals or rumours. Given the recent critical and commercial success of Bioshock Infinite, we felt this was the perfect time to transform the site and refocus our attention in order to once again revitalise the website, its content and our user forums. The site transformation will arrive in the next few days and be accompanied by a full site redesign, a transition back to the traditional vBulletin forum system and, of course, the implementation of a brand new logo and colour scheme.

Our talented artistic friend Voythas has once again created an excellent logo for the new site, helping to evolve concepts used in our previous logo, while adding a much needed Bioshock-inspired Big Daddy twist. The new logo and site redesign will be featured on the website for around a year until we decide to rebrand the site once more to “InfinityWardTime.net”. Stay tuned for the full site redesign coming very soon! Thanks for sticking with us over the past ten years. We hope you’ll all stick around and support us for many years to come.

bdlogo_fullsmall-png.24095

Attachments

• BDLogo_FullSmall.png
    BDLogo_FullSmall.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 19,275
  • InfinityWardTimeLogo.png
    InfinityWardTimeLogo.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,124
Answers also accepted other than IrrationalTime: InfiniteTime, and GameTime.

Oh god, what a Valve fanboy, it's like totally uncool to like Valve these days man.

Ken Levine is like so much sexier than Gaben.
Omg liek NO WAY omg, itz like Gaben 4evaar.

On another subject, how do I delete my account?

I like the colours, yo.

Better than red and black. Who the hell are we, Adrian Shepard?

So I realize that doesn't make any god damn sense. For some reason I had memory of him with a red and black flak jacket.

WHY DOES OUR CURRENT COLOR SCHEME MAKE MORE SENSE

Half Life 2 was a Bioshock ripoff. Gordon's the Big Daddy, Alyx is the Little Sister, Dog is the Syringe, Admin is Andrew, Eggman is Walrus.

We need to get Courtnee Draper to do an "Irrational Time Dot Net" soundbite.

We need to get Courtnee Draper to do an "Irrational Time Dot Net" soundbite.
On it. Just need to ring her up and ask. I have Courtnee on speed dial. <3

Wait, you actually believed it? I thought you were just going along with it.

Damn, brb - I just have to go write 'think before you talk' a hundred times on the nearest blackboard. That should teach me.

It's about ****ing time we know who produces the quality games around here these days.

Whoaaaa..... Lets back up a bit here... No fecking logo design competition this time? This is stifling our creativity! You suck, half-life... valv... um, irrational... Oh, **** it.

Is it really wrong if I like this color scheme, logo and title coloration better? **** it, let's do this.

Damn, brb - I just have to go write 'think before you talk' a hundred times on the nearest blackboard. That should teach me.
Not necessary. In fact, you are quite a vital part of this article. Without readers who actually buy the story hook, line, and sinker, it isn't nearly as much fun.

Hell yes!
Just EPIC!
Wait,wrong company...EEErrr Just Irrational ??
Ah, what the heck! :D

Somebody give us this as one of the UI selections. Can you still do that? Pick a theme? Let us do this one.

I do like the color scheme better, but it should really be InfiniteTime because a) it just works/sounds better and b) are we really keeping up any pretense of caring about those smelly, old, wet Bioshocks?

but it should really be InfiniteTime because a) it just works/sounds better and b) are we really keeping up any pretense of caring about those smelly, old, wet Bioshocks?
While that is a cool name, calling it "InfiniteTime" would be as limiting as "HalfLife2.net", which is the reason ValveTime came into existence in the first place. I personally think IrrationalTime is a pretty nice name though. Gotta look to the future yo.

In related news, blue theme is returning and going to be the default for everyone.

Back