are gunshots supposed to echo when fired outside?

K

kappa223

This may seem like an obvious question but whenever I am in an outdoor environment the game will echo the gunshots in the distance.

Is this normal? It is a bit annoying to me since I have sensitive hearing and have to use headphones, but I figure I can live with it as long as it is not a glitch.

Thank you for your help.

Yeah, that actually happens you know.

Have you never dropped something heavy outside, then heard the sound echo off a nearby house or wall?

In recent years, I myself have wondered this too so I did ever so chancingly exactly a month ago did drop off at a local gunfire shooting range. I had chosen an excellent rifle with a loud exitence of ammunition allowing for easily noticeable echoing and brought some excellent commerical sound recording equipment in order to correctly analyze such a presence of an echo as I would not have been able to hear one because I required ear protection. However, due to my black racial background and exterior, the local white folk did not partake kindly to my newfound visitation. They instead chose to block my rights as an American citizen as noted in the Constitution of the United States of America to own and use a gun to defend myself against due harm. This greatly angered my umportunce and their aggressive bodily actions did not aid in my current evaluation of my status. Thus said, those niggas ain't kno wat crackin down In my sweet ass ghetto hometown Imm a ganster with a big ass fro They all want me these btich and hos So I slapped those bitches with n ak47 And ****ed their momma straight up to heaven Those white ass mother ****ers dunno what the shit Thoes whte gay fags an their momma-sewn mitts So I party down in the east side And I fight them along the west side My godgiven birth right We gonna have sex all nite

hahahahahaha, <3 Shens.

Anyway, yeah, they are. It's a brilliant little detail Valve put in, and it's still the only time I've ever seen it in a game.

As I opened this thread I swear I just heard a gunshot out side. :O

How Ironic.

Yes, gunshots echo when outside. A military instalation is in my city and I often hear gunshots and they echo a lot.

Back