Are there any wireless PCI cards that aren't total shit?

Stigmata

The Freeman
Reaction score
I've tried Linksys (crap), I've tried Tenda (worse, and what I currently have because the Linksys died), and I refuse to touch either Belkin or Netgear due to previous experiences with their routers. So what am I left with, exactly? I have absolutely no wired options, so I need this.

Thats pretty much every brand I know of. Theres this one on newegg, with a lot of reviews and a five star average rating. Never heard of the brand before though.

Thats pretty much every brand I know of. Theres this one on newegg, with a lot of reviews and a five star average rating. Never heard of the brand before though.
That's not actually a wireless card though. He'd have to buy the PCI card to go inside that. :p

Dave, I'll look around, but I've never had a good experience with ANY built in wifi cards. I changed to USB ones, and they improved my experience immensely just because I was about to move them and put them in optimum spots.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704045

1100 reviews on NewEgg and 450 on Amazon that nearly make it 5 stars and a PLETHORA of them are good reviews. I'd definitely check this out.

Oh, right lol. Was wondering why it looked so weird.

Dave, I'll look around, but I've never had a good experience with ANY built in wifi cards. I changed to USB ones, and they improved my experience immensely just because I was about to move them and put them in optimum spots.

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704045

1100 reviews on NewEgg and 450 on Amazon that nearly make it 5 stars and a PLETHORA of them are good reviews. I'd definitely check this out.

I have the opposite problem: I've had nothing but trouble with USB wireless cards. I actually finally just got fed up with the netgear one I've had for two years, and ordered one of these yesterday I'll let you know how it is when it actually comes in. I except it'll be good, I mean, look at all of those antennae.

I had endless problems with PCI cards, linksys and belkin forever giving me poor signal. After recommendations from the overclockers forum, I opted for a USB device which allowed me to position and direct it towards my router. I think it's a brand called 'hawkings', it's a little dish satellite looking thing which I point towards the router. It's also N draft which is awesome, never had any problems since!

Back