• A Little!

Votes: 28 18.3%
  • No!

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • I Have Not Played It Yet!

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
I agree. Better than I expected.

The squad AI (not combat but idling, getting in the way) slightly bugged me, but other things that blew me away far more than I expected made up for that tenfold.

Far better than I expected.
I was hoping for it to be the best, and expecting it for it to be a tottal dud.
The only thing that may have let me down a bit was the lack of new weapons and the deleted BINK video scenes :(
Everything else surpassed anything I expected.

-Alix

A little dissapointed,its certainly not better than i expected!
ONLY because its length,difficulty and mediocre AI.

Other than that it simply roxors :rolling:

:dozey: I am disappointed because the length should have been longer! For the die-hard fans! Now we have to wait for expansions and stuff to please our appetites!

A game that leaves you longing for the next episode.....good marketing. The game was great. I think I'll play again. :LOL:

yes a little bit ... technical difficulties even with the update i still encounter some lags especially during battles ,the game is generally too easy , after many years of waiting i was expecting something bigger...but it still a great game that's sure

I was very disappointed. This was the most fun and greatest game I've ever played... however, even though I beat it, I won't play it again because it's too boring.

bi0h4z4rd said:
I was very disappointed. This was the most fun and greatest game I've ever played... however, even though I beat it, I won't play it again because it's too boring.
I don't understand. You say it's a fun game, but then you say it's a boring game?? wtfz0r

Not dissapointed at all.

it is a great game, but it could be longer and the cut out weapons should have stayed

n3g, I'm on my 5th time through the game...so I'm enjoying every last bit of it.

Not at all. It's flawed but usually flawed in areas no one else has even bothered to attempt. Even the AI exceeds in things I've not seen in other FPS games (only to then do something irritatingly dumb, which is a shame).

I have some minor gripes about the teammates ("Sorry, Gordon", "Let me get out of your way", etc) and one or two bugs, but other than that I am fully satisfied.

It didn't live up to my expectations, but then after a year of hype, nothing would have. Once I started plying the game, I totally forgot I had expectations! This game blew me away, the future of gaming is looking very rosey IMO

A little, but not very much. For an extremely linear game its actually very satisfying.

Only two major complaints (and they're not really major) are the difficulty and the length.

They should have made "Hard" the "Normal" setting and "Normal" the "Easy" setting. and then maybe chuck in 2 more difficulties for the hardcore fans ;)

One of the best games, if not the best game, i've played all year (and after playing KOTOR, Far Cry, Freedom Fighters, Halo 2,Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Prime and Zelda: Wind Waker - that's saying something. I mean come on, its like, the best year ever for gaming).

Its up there with the first half-life, but doesnt quite meet the mark

I was a hyped up fanboy, and the game surpassed my expectations.

I was disappointed in the wall textures. Heck, I got better textures in HL1, but I realized quickly it's gonna be a while until graphics like DooM 3 becomes a standard, and besides, it has awsome models.

Half-Life isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it was anjoyable nonetheless.
Don't think I'll beat it again, but I'm most likely going to play the Highway 17 chapter again now and then.

Did you see some of the wall textures in Doom 3? Those were incredibly low-res as well! :)

Imo the game has the best story, graphics and gameplay.. ever. I'm just disappointed that I've already finished it :(

I was disapointed. I was not blown away by this game, I played Halo 2 then half life 2, I enjoyed Halo 2 more then i did HL-2. Only 2 games i have played more then 2 times Wing commander 4 : the price of freedom ( THis game is old) and Operation Flashpoint + Expansions

Not one Iota.Love it.Im playing back some chapters just to expierience some bits again.
And as for further replayability,Look at the people who are,without the SDK already creating their own little scenarios with hundreds of enemies.Once the SDK is out(less then a week isnt it?) the mods are gonna blow our minds and thats not counting the "surprise".

You havent finished this game,Its only just begun.

The game was awesome. It was missing so levals from the demo movies that i wanted to play. But it was an awesome game.

Mr Stabby said:
it is a great game, but it could be longer and the cut out weapons should have stayed

trying chanting that to a proffessional development team that tested this game endlessly for the best combination.

I think its lovely, wouldnt have it any other way... btw... who voted yes...? wtf?

The best game ever! damn, i cant really find anything negative to say about the game.

IT RUXX!
cant wait for the expansion pack :p ¨hehe¨

I was disapointed only because I was expecting better AI and NPC interaction. It's still the best FPS ever.

Well it's good this poll has been created. Because if you read throught the forums, it seems like 85% are disappointed, whilst this poll shows that the people who appreciate the hard work Valve put for us are actually a majority.

I like the game because of the sweet graphics and still being able to run it on my low end machine (1.8ghz)

But the ending sucked

Back