Are you listening to METAL!?!?!

I love Nightwish - all albums (especially Century Child and Once). But now they have dark times... :(
Aslo I like Iron Maiden - best album is Brave New World.

dmgak said:
what-eva!!! :p

which ones are they? i dont know black sabbath/ozzy that well, but i do like their stuff. i have a much more extensive collection of metal, motorhead, iron maiden, black sabbath, OZZY!!! (hehe), and best of all, metallica. i dont listen to the new kind of metal thats out, slipknot, system of a down, korn etc. they r really crap cus all they do is scream about dying and being tortured.

Iron Man and Paranoid are by Black Sabbath.

And I like soooooo totally agree with you about those new "metal" bands. They are just noice. blah...

dmgak said:
slipknot, system of a down, korn etc. they r really crap cus all they do is scream about dying and being tortured.
Man, if you think they scream you should check out Avathar
Imo they're ownage.

Boogymanx said:
Man, if you think they scream you should check out Avathar
Imo they're ownage.
That's a hugely typical Black Metal shriek. Pretty good sound, too, I think I'll check them out.

Well at least the lyrics in black metal have some balls, unlike those whiny "my childhood sucked i'm an outcast" nu-metal lyrics.

Sonata arctica- Blinded no more

Sonata arctica> nightwish

Not really metal, but I'm listening to 'led zeppelin - since i've been loving you' atm, I <3 it :)

In Flames - Minus.

This are pretty good.....

Crematory - I Never Die

Gothic Death Metal with Industrial elements, a nice combination. Their newer album 'Revolution' has some great tracks, but the rest of it is really more industrially-focused, with little Metal influence.

Antestor-The Forsaken
Crimson Moonlight-Veil of Rememberance
Agalloch-The Mantle
Arcturus-Sideshow Symphonies
Opeth-Ghost Reveries
Dark Tranquility-Character
Behemoth-Demigod

SearanoX said:
I just got the new Children of Bodom album today (though I'd downloaded a few of the songs already). Trashed, Lost & Strungout is still the absolute best song on it, but it's an awesome album nonetheless.
Damn, really? I personally think it's the weakest. The whole album's grown on me a great deal though, and that 'Next In Line' is by far my favourite.

only some of the most amazing metal bands I've heard...

Mortification- Scrolls of the Megiloth

Screams of Chaos- Genetic War

Vengeance Rising- Destruction Comes

Seven System- Altered State

Metanoia- Time to Die & Don't Walk Dead

Zao- The Splinter Shards the Birth of Seperation

Norma Jean- O God the Aftermath

Overcome- Blessed are the Persecuted

Project 86- Drawing Black Lines

Rackets and Drapes

Sinai Beach

Soul Embraced

Agressor - Puppets of Society

listening to Nevermore - This Godless Endeaver (whole album), its amazing

I've heard nothing but good things about the new Nevermore album. Gonna have to pick it up sometime.

Listening to Exodus - I Am Abomination. The new album is excellent. Reminds me a hella lot of the later Overkill material, but that ain't a bad thing at all.

SearanoX said:
I got last year's Vader CD today, The Beast. I haven't really listened yet but it sounds good so far. The production is a little iffy, unfortunately...the vocals are kind of high in the mix compared to the rest of the instruments, but it's not a problem, really. I'll need some time to form a better opinion on it.
There's some absolutely stunning songs on the album - Dark Transmission, The Zone and Apopheniac. I thought Revelations paled in comparison to Litany, but The Beast is that good it's practically Litany volume 2.

Anyway, I've been divulging in Swallow the Sun's two releases lately - The Morning Never Came and Ghosts Of Loss, and they're face-meltingly brilliant. A slice of Doom perfection.

SearanoX said:
Yeah, there are some awesome songs on The Beast, to be sure. I actually like their experimentation with clean vocals and atmosphere on The Sea Came In At Last. It's not something I want to see too often but it's nice they're trying new things, and it certainly didn't turn out badly.
It gave a nice slow break to the album, even though it felt like they completely ripped off an Iced Earth song, heh.

Various metal compilations with - Lamb Of God, Trivium, In Flames, 3 Inches of Blood, All That Remains and Avenged Sevenfold being some of my favourites...

I was listening to that yesterday ^

From now until next week I shall listen to mainly Destruction to get me in the right thrashtastic mood for the gig next Thursday.

Destruction - Tears of Blood

Just picked up Soulfly's Dark Ages today. I heard Max went back to the old Sepultura sound so I decided to buy it. Although there are some cliche lyrics and some weaks songs it's actually quite a decent Soulfly album and it's a relief that nu-metal is pretty much non-existent on this record.

In conclusion, not too bad.

TheBleeding said:
I was listening to that yesterday ^

From now until next week I shall listen to mainly Destruction to get me in the right thrashtastic mood for the gig next Thursday.

Destruction - Tears of Blood

You were listening to Meshuggah? Or the post above mine?

Currently spinning Rotting Christ's album 'Khronos'. It is good. Very good.

Top Secret said:
You were listening to Meshuggah? Or the post above mine?

Yeah, Meshuggah. Destroy Erase Improve. Good album. I'm a bit peeved though as Meshuggah have cancelled their tour. Grr.

I'm actually listening to At the Drive-In now so.. er. *steps out*

Anyone here like Emperor? Today I've been listening to IX Equilibrium, which is awesome.

lol @ Emperor - my friend has a video of theirs. I'm not a metal fan, am not listening to metal now, but must add that a couple of tracks by Slayer really make me want to ride my skateboard.

It's been out a short while now, but has anyone else heard Old Man's Child's Vermin? Yes, they're bashed for not being 'true', 'cult' Black Metal or any of that, but who gives a crap when they produce some seriously good music. I cannot fault a single track on the album. I've always been a huge fan of their past releases.

SearanoX said:
I've heard of them, but have never listened to their music. Might be time to investigate.
It's Galder's (from Dimmu Borgir) own band, with a couple of other Dimmu members involved. Their past releases have borrowed a little from the Dimmu style, but they're generally more crashing and heavy, with the preferred use of electronic keyboard synths. Vermin's pretty different to their other releases though, and they've definited a much more unique sound from it.

Anyway, In Defiance of Existence and Revelation 666 are two other excellent albums of theirs.

Back