Area 51 Demo[PC]

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
153953fil.jpg

http://www.fileplanet.com/153953/150000/fileinfo/Area-51-Singleplayer-Demo

is the demo the same demo from the xbox demo disc?

I was thinking of getting this game for the PC, thanks for the link. This should help me decide if I'll get it or not.

Thanks for the link, I will give it a try.

i played the first xbox demo where you fight with your teammates, then later it skipped later onto the game where you get infected, and its just boring cause you kill a bunch of cyborg guys and stuff by yourself

Wow.. Thank you for the demo. I am going to download it right away. I wanted to see how this game is and now, well, I get to see!!

Played abit of it, very cool game, the engine it uses runs perfectly at 60fps, even in big fights, the mutation is awesome, but I wish I could of found out the story behind that, the fmvs was good and the weapons very cool. The lazer pointer on the BBG, or BGG whatever it was called, was alot of fun.

And duel weilding shotguns and mashine gun was just plain cool.

I have been waiting in line for 58 minutes... :|

I had 8mins left until I was able to download then I look again and I was at 68mins.

DESSTROYER said:
i played the first xbox demo where you fight with your teammates, then later it skipped later onto the game where you get infected, and its just boring cause you kill a bunch of cyborg guys and stuff by yourself

so is this the same demo right off the xbox demo disc?

PrimeSuspect said:
so is this the same demo right off the xbox demo disc?

You dont fight with your teammates, at least not at the point I played.

is it any good?!? I can't test it because we have MEGA-firewall here at my job place...

It's like a Leonardo DaVinci painting of dog poop, it's pretty, but it's still poop.

Could someone review this demo? It's quite a big download, and I'm still doubtful ....

I didnt like it at all . The ragdolls are ok and the ai sucks. These games are starting to feel the same . I want BF2

Im getting this game for sure. Looks interesting.

If your running on metered band width stear clear of this file. I've downloaded it 3 times and each time it has been corrupt.

the game looks fun but graphics wise reminds me of brothers in arms. I think it should of stayed on Xbox.

I've heard really bad things about the demo; I'll stay away from it, can't be arsed downloading 700 meg anyway.

I played the game on xbox and was a bit dissapointing so if you liked the demo and want to buy its your choice cuz I dont recomend it so much but still I played it for very few time and will give it another try lather

A cross-platformer with a 700 MB demo? No thanks. There isn't a single feature of this incredibly generic looking FPS that appeals to me.

Wow. This was really fun. I loved the Apollo part. If the game is anything like the demo, well then its worth getting for sure.

I have a FPS addiction so I have to try it out...full CD file size be damned!!

Wow, waste of an 1hr 35mins...
After all that, I click on the icon, and the game doesn't even start up.
Bah.

Redownloaded from a different place, and the same results...
Bah!!!
I really wanna play this.

I finally finished downloaded the demo. I will post my review in a bit. :cheers:

From the commercial I saw on TV, this looks like a mindless, college frat boy, "holy-crap-I-can-blow-dudes-up-with-this-huge-mega-gun!", generic FPS to me.

I'm going to avoid this demo like gang rape and I advise anyone with an IQ over 60 to do the same.

(And yes! Just from the damn commercial!)

dart321 said:
From the commercial I saw on TV, this looks like a mindless, college frat boy, "holy-crap-I-can-blow-dudes-up-with-this-huge-mega-gun!", generic FPS to me.

I'm going to avoid this demo like gang rape and I advise anyone with an IQ over 60 to do the same.

(And yes! Just from the damn commercial!)

So.. you have not even played? Go die in a ditch >_> The game is more then a generic fps..

Ritz said:
So.. you have not even played? Go die in a ditch >_> The game is more then a generic fps..

You would like me to "die in a ditch" because I have not played a demo of a video game that you obviously like? I'm not a bad person, I'm shallow and superficial damn it!

dart321 said:
You would like me to "die in a ditch" because I have not played a demo of a video game that you obviously like?

No I would like you to stop saying stupid things about stuff you dont even know. Thats like saying a type of food tastes bad based on the advert on tv. Go download the demo, then hate it.

Ok this is what I think of it so far:

Guns are pretty regular stuff. I like the alien weapon with its laser tracker. The "atmosphere checker?" was fun to use too.

Enemies looked pretty cool. I like the active Camo red ones the best.

My favorite part was the faked Apollo landing area. The song "Also sprach Zarathustra" always cracks me up. :D

Least favorite part was that there were no friendly AI.

It was a little short, but I had fun. :cheers:

At the point I found myself looking for batteries I got fedup. It's a pretty bland affair but when they stoop to stealing other peoples ideas (and not great ideas at that!) I just think: Lazy Devs.

I don't buy many shooters and this certainly won't be one of them.

xlucidx said:
Wow, waste of an 1hr 35mins...
After all that, I click on the icon, and the game doesn't even start up.
Bah.

I'm with you. No response when I try to start it up. Uninstalled :(

Back