Armed Assault Demo

We will have a full list of mirror's available HERE as they become available.

Let us know how it is guys, I already have the full version so there's not much point in me installing it.

Anyone know if this version has starforce on it?

Downloaded and done, 600 kB/s off fileplanet had to wait in line for about 15 mins though, not a subscriber.

I saw this announced last night on shacknews ..but had forgotten about it ..perfect timing right before christmas, cant wait to play it

Just played it and not worth the download time. It's crap, absolute crap.

While ArmA does have some technical issues, it's so freakin' cool :D

As long as you can look past some of the issues, there's a great game in there... Hopefully with patches they can make it top-notch.

hmm. maybe I wont bother and i'll wait. I don't want to screw up what could be a good game come Febuary, with a buggy demo now.

damn it's becoming a trend that pc games are released at a barely playable state ..wtf why cant they seem to get their act together before release?

LOL, it is indeed buggy, I had one co-op round with me, a mate as a leader and a few AI, we had fun, I had a few other games too, then it CTD'd on me, now whenever I start it up, it CTD, oh well, I'll just wait for the finished product, until then I have OFPGOTY+lots of cool Dynamic Campaign mods :D

I sorta liked it. It's basically OFP with improved graphics and gameplay. It ran pretty steady on my rig, altho the server crashed after three or four rounds. That seagull mode after you die is cool btw.

you get to poo on other players as you fly by? coooool

What the ****?

When I start it:
Data file too short 'addons/roads.pbo'.

It should be 115mb. This is pretty good but the framerate is a bit low.

woah! Didnt know about this game but its supposedly like OP FP :D

Downloading...

wasn't the seagull idea also the spectate mode in OP FP??

edit: wtf? they releasing demo's nowadays with CLASS A bugs!?!!? Class A? hmmm ill see if it bugs on me.

I've heard negative things although the gameplay does look appealing, the huge landscapes and all.

Thanks, it was 27 megs here. Redownload it I guess..
Your download is probably ok, winrar would complain if the download failed the crc check i think. Try extracting the setup file again.

Your download is probably ok, winrar would complain if the download failed the crc check i think. Try extracting the setup file again.

Deleted it... :(

87% of the new one though.

How's it run for those with average PCs?

jeez I never made it within 50 feet of the first village in single player. Either my teamates are really stupid or I just suck as a team leader. Only played for an hour or so but it was fun .didnt run into any bugs

I downloaded a dodgy demo I think, wouldn't work, so can't comment yet. Going to download it from fileplanet.

Runs like crap. If I put most things on medium/high it runs just as badly with everything off.

The .exe wouldn't run/install until I disabled ZoneAlarm. Weird.

Runs like crap. If I put most things on medium/high it runs just as badly with everything off.

The .exe wouldn't run/install until I disabled ZoneAlarm. Weird.

Mine seems fine, a bit of slow down at times considering my crap pc. The problem is joining a server and not knowing the ping.

ZOMG! Downloading the full client now, I absolutely adored OFP- for anyone else who played it, how similar is AA to OFP in terms of gameplay, order system, AI etc.?

Can't wait to play it!

That was fun and pretty when it was working, even though there is one rather annoying graphical bug that makes it unplayable quite frequently.

Woo won't even run!

This application failed to start because d3dx9_30.ll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Is that something to do with DX9?

how similar is AA to OFP in terms of gameplay, order system, AI etc.?
very similar.
Is that something to do with DX9?
yeah. here is my version of the file, just drop it in your windows/system32 folder. if it doesnt work youll have to install the newest directx.
for people having low framerate, there are a couple of config files in my documents/arma demo/. armademo.cfg has a hdrprecision=8 line that you could try lowering.

Ran them all over.
armwy0.jpg

Another screenshot:

So I played it, first impressions mixed.

First off, no single player mode? That was a bit disappointing. So I went in multi player, managed to join a co-op game, the game looked absolutely awful on mid settings, nothing was rendering properly it looked horrible. I moved the resolution to same as desktop 1182xwhatever and the settings all to low and it looked fine. So I got in another game, and it ran pretty good, by that it looked pretty good and I was getting about 30-40fps average I think. Wasn't great.

So, the first game I get in, theres 8 people all communicating working as a team, I relaxed, this was th operation flash point I grew to love, not an OMG HAX kiddy anywhere. So we all set off, our squad leader (1) has set way points down, we all start running in formation away from the village. we get to a hill, 1 tells the snipers to stay there, they do. Then we advance through the hilltop trees to waypoint one. We get there, wait for others to catch up, while we scan horizon with binoculars. So far been playing for 15minutes, no-ones even fired a shot. Then, "4: Ready, 5 :Ready, 6: Ready, 7: Ready, 8: Ready, 9: Ready. 1: Okay guys lets go to way point two.

So were moving to way point two, moving a bit more cautiously now. We get to way point two, a hill overlooking the town. We can immediately see about 7 soldiers 200m away from us standing in the middle of the street, 1 tells us to choose our marks and get read to fire. I tell all to hold fire and I'm going to crawl a bit closer and see if theres a ditch we can fire from by the road. So I start crawling, I get right out of the tree line next to the road, I can imagine if everyone came down here, we'd have an excellent sight on the town, with a wide road between us and anyone who came out of the alley ways and the road barrier as cover for us.

So I get a little closer, and then I notice 4 guys standing on my 2 o'clock about 20m away. I inform my teammates that theres two guys almost looking right at me, and to cover me as I pullback. I manage to crawl all the way back to my squadmates, then we choose our marks and shoot from the hill. Straight away we get about 5 of them, we're doing great. But then the AI start a counter attack with troops running up the hill at us. 1 takes a round to the leg and hits the dirt, my other teammates are lost in the dense trees, I can't see any. Bullets start hitting allround me, adrenaline starts flowing. I'll be damned if I'm going to crawl through these trees for half an hour just to die here. 1 shares a similar sentiment and orders a complete withdrawl back to waypoint one.

I get up and start running next to 1. 5 and 7 come out just next to us, 7 looks like hell, we're running, I can see that one is absolutely drenched in blood, he calls for a medic, "1: 6 come in, 6 come in, damn, 6 is down" He repeats the same for 8 and 2, they're both lost, and we can see a few seagulls circling us in the air (when you die you become a seagull and fly around watching waiting for the game to end). We manage to pull back to way point one and meet up with the snipers there's 5 of us left now. 1 tells us we're going to have to hit the town head on, and for the snipers to choose their targets and open fire. They do so, coldly firing a shot, getting out binoculars, spotting a target, then shooting him. They take out about 5 guys, then the shit hits the fan. An APC comes straight out of the town coming towards us about 300m away. Bullets hit all around, my teammate next to me takes a bullet to the head. 1 sounds an immediate retreat, I follow him back over the hill. The two snipers stand up and start following us, only to get shot in the back by the APC.

One calls in 3, "3 report, 3 report" and then 3 turns up behind up, a big wound in his right arm. We decide to make our way back to the base and get in an APC. Between us and our APC however is a road, dead ground. We run for it, 1 and 3 make it to the other side, I almost get there then bullets start flying all around me, I see "1: RUNNN 8 RUNNN!" in the chat box, however it's in vain, and a well placed bullet hits me straight in the head and I collapse to watch my comrades from the skies as a seagul, as they desperately try to take on the town in their little jeep. They died shortly afterwards.

Great game, great experience. Just runs badly on me 6600GT and AMD 3000+ 64bit

Me agrees with Solaris, Although a bit buggy aswell I'm sure it can be fixed easily. The extra detail is awesome, plus with an all new campaign I'll most likely be picking it up :D

Back