Arsenal Mode Added to CSGO + 10,000 New Players

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
gungamecsgo2.jpg
The Counter Strike: GO beta has updated adding a new map from Arsenal: Demolition mode. Valve have also added 10,000 more players to the beta, so check your account if you've applied via the survey.

Arsenal Demolition is a fast paced mix of bomb planting and gun progression. There are no buy menus, you start with a rifle and if you get a kill that round – you get a progressively weaker weapon in the next round.

After 5 rounds the sides switch and you do it again, for a total of 10 rounds.

This mode is based on the Gun Game mod. The traditional version of Gun Game will appear later in CS:GO as Arsenal: Arms Race.
The full change log can be found here.

Here is an image of the new map, it's the house from the Left 4 Dead campaign, Death Toll. Anyone recognise it?

2012-03-10_00001.jpg

That image brings back memories of panic and good times.

ist about lucky :) not how many hours you spent playing ^_^ good luck bro

It is a fair bit different from the L4D map. I guess we could say it was down river. lol

Confirmed that L4D and CS take place in the same universe?
Well I'm certain CSGO will have some kind content shop for cosmetic items only, some of which will be player skins. I'll put good money on the L4D character models being in the CS shop!

This is an unnecessary thing for the players. The main thing that would make a goodhitboxes and physics. I do not see commercials for it a new game, only the free add-on.

Well I'm certain CSGO will have some kind content shop for cosmetic items only, some of which will be player skins. I'll put good money on the L4D character models being in the CS shop!
You sure about that? I was expecting CSGO to just be a one-time payment thing. I doesn't seem like they'd be able to provide a massive variety of cosmetics without breaking the style. Didn't they even say they were going to restrict the model choices depending on map? (so no Arctic terrorists in South America for example)

Yes you're right and I do think it will still cost money up front but extra content could still be available for enthusiasts. It wouldn't fit in the tone at all, but neither does 90% of the TF2 items these days...
It is a fair bit different from the L4D map. I guess we could say it was down river. lol
No it is the same boat house that you defend in the finale. Literally, the same boardwalk, the same houses, the same boulders. It's just daytime with lovely weather!

edit: I will admit, the interior of the house is much more stylish, but the geography and map layout is nigh on identical

Actually Glenn I'd say the TF2 team have for the most part learned what things broke the artstyle and what they've been adding recently fits better than what they used to have. Of course by now the artstyle is broken beyond repair so it hardly matters I suppose. Unless you have insider info Glenn I still doubt that happening is CSGO.

I got a beta code from PAX but my PC is too crap to play it properly, I wish I could transfer it to someone here :( but its locked to my steam account. Plus I used to play CS way too much when I was younger and I truly don't want to end up doing that again anyway since I've fallen back on so many other new releases over the years.

PS: Love the new look of the site.

same here ^_^ this is the 2nd day i dont sleep to catch the giveaways

ive been playing CS since i was 12 years...now im 22 :) Cs RuLLz

I also saw cs 12 years ago. But it just did not like me and I began to play only 2 years later.+1 Cs Rullz:cool:

Back