Asus P4P800 Deluxe Turbo Problems

dream431ca

Reaction score
Hello. I was looking at a guide the P4P800 Deluxe and they mentioned a turbo setting within the BIOS. I tried it out and it's awesome; speeds up my games at least 3 times faster than normal...the only problem is my PC keeps shutting itself down when it is set to the turbo setting..if I set it back to auto..everythings ok but the games run slower...is there anyway I can make the turbo setting work without my PC shutting itself down?

SPECS: P4 3.2Ghz, 1Gig RAM, Asus P4P800 Deluxe MB, VIA chipset.

Thank you :)

dream431ca said:
Hello. I was looking at a guide the P4P800 Deluxe and they mentioned a turbo setting within the BIOS. I tried it out and it's awesome; speeds up my games at least 3 times faster than normal...the only problem is my PC keeps shutting itself down when it is set to the turbo setting..if I set it back to auto..everythings ok but the games run slower...is there anyway I can make the turbo setting work without my PC shutting itself down?

SPECS: P4 3.2Ghz, 1Gig RAM, Asus P4P800 Deluxe MB, VIA chipset.

Thank you :)

prolly overheating, so maybe a new heatsink. or better air flow

buy a better chassis fan, i did so and my temperature for CPU have dropped greatly, about 10C! but its alot noisier, but worth it. if im not mistaken, the Turbo mode is a small overclock, by only a few MHz, a "Safe" overclock or so. I got the P4P800E Deluxe, havent tried it yet.

have you tried the Hyperpath thing yet? something to do with memory to CPU transfer

Back