ATi Redeon X600 Pro..Strange waves?!?!

D

Darkie

Hi..
i bourt a new computer and when i play games like farcry UT2004 etc the graphics are sorta wavy like when u walk past a wall and u see these wierd lines..does anyone know why?

Screenshot? It could be because your card is actually overheating or damaged..

It sounds like overheating or damaged hardware to me. Check if the fan on the GPU is spinning. Are you using ATI's catalyst 4.9 drivers? Have you installed your motherboard drivers?

Hi..its me Darkie some reason the "Darkie" acount wont let me log in...
anyway..
this computer is brand new..it shouldnt be a hardware fault bourt about 6 days ago specs:

intel pentium 4, 3.60ghz
1024mb DDR ram
ATi Radeon X600 PRO pci express
360gb Harddrive
windows xp Home

the drivers i think i have (apart from the motherboard, since this is a new comp it should have it installed , i think)

id like to show u a print but steam is updateing,,,its worst in CS
when move u see wavy lines its so weired

:dozey: "Weird lines", all I can say it's probably because your V-sync isn't on, or something like overheating is going on, or some bad driver install.

Isolate your monitor cable. Make sure there is no interference with other cords behind your desk, especially power cords.

do you have unprotected speakers besied your monitor? I doubt that's it, but that was creating problems on mine

Hmm i do have a phone near my monitor, i now stick that sumwhere else now. i kept taking screen shots and its fine on them..it must be the monitor..im going to sort out the cables behind it now..

thanks for your help il keep trying.. :naughty:

i was going to say same thing as asus. i had the same problem. it solved part of the problem. but the other thing was hte refresh rate was too low. i can see the flicker on monitors with a refresh rate below 100hrz

cell phone near monitor= monitor may have weird flickering...unprotected (magnetically) speakers also can cause that....not sure why cell phones, thought it might be the signal interference but its a known issue nontheless

Back