Attention Mods...

W

willy1ka

Please make a new forum for us people that want to talk about half life 2 without all this beta bullshit being shoved down our throats.

And make a rule that if anyone posts a spoiler in it they get an immediate ban.
Go on, you know It makes sense and you owe it to us remaining true half-life fans.

If you dont do something soon we are going to have no choice but to leave halflife2.net and that would be a shame as it used to be really cool.

Now, I am sat back and relaxed - ready for a slew of pre-pubescent little theives to start venting their pathetic teenage angst on a sensible post.

Well, that seems to be the trend at the moment.

Actually a sensible thing to do with a post like this is to PM it or e-mail it to one of the administrators.

But I do wholehartedly agree with you.

I don't agree. As much as I despise the source code/beta theft, I am very much interested in learning more about the game.

I suggest to force people to put SPOILER WARNING in their Thread Titles - if they don't, just delete them moderators.

And if you don't want to be spoiled, then why the hell are you stupid enough to look at the thread called DETAILED BETA INFORMATION? Isn't that enough of a clue for you Sherlock?

No one is forcing you to click it.

I agree with nethersourge, as long as the talk is about the beta fixing or how it is and not how to get it then it should be tolerated. Especially if there is a spoiler warning in the topic thread.
DOnt force everyone to do as you want to. You dont want to talk or read about a topic then leave it alone.

Even the moderators are talking about the beta looking for missing files they have to have to play it. Its sad, these boards look like some kiddie warez forum.

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
Even the moderators are talking about the beta looking for missing files they have to have to play it. Its sad, these boards look like some kiddie warez forum.

I know it sucks - but those pics and videos are now all over the internet, and there's NOTHING anyone can do about it.

If you remove the pics from these forums, some other forum will get them and let people post them freely, and get more web traffic, and get more banner ad money.

Face it - Valve is screwed. The community can pretend the beta doesn't exist and play Good Citizen, bu tthen you should look in the mirror when you all download MP3 files - because that is ILLEGAL too.

The Hackers won. They achieved their goal - to steal the game and ruin what would have been the biggest game launch in PC history.

It just isn't worth it anymore to try and fight a losing battle like this. The game has been comprmised - just face it.

Now we get to wait 6 months while Valve goes back and makes changes to ensure code security and probably make some game changes so there are some new surprises.

Do you think HL2 sites will bide their time by deleting Beta pics for the next SIX MONTHS?

Why not put a beta place for the forums so all the "warez kiddies" can go there ?

Yeah good plan.

btw that woman you see in the trailers dies at the end :eek:

(j/k)

Originally posted by Netherscourge

If you remove the pics from these forums, some other forum will get them and let people post them freely, and get more web traffic, and get more banner ad money.

halflife2.net is run entirely out of munro's pocket, hosted by homelan. The only ad is gameplay, because they have that sweet hl2 deal. so this doesn't really matter.

Originally posted by Netherscourge
I don't agree. As much as I despise the source code/beta theft, I am very much interested in learning more about the game.

I suggest to force people to put SPOILER WARNING in their Thread Titles - if they don't, just delete them moderators.

And if you don't want to be spoiled, then why the hell are you stupid enough to look at the thread called DETAILED BETA INFORMATION? Isn't that enough of a clue for you Sherlock?

No one is forcing you to click it.

yea thats what i suggested, hell make it strict, if you post beta info in a topic without a spoiler warning, tempban/deletion of thread

I've said this before, and I'm saying it again. We already have a delay and speculation forum, making a "Beta discussion" forum would add even more un-needed clutter to the forums. We're doing our best to remove duplicates of existing-threads and delete any that breach the rules, and I think that's the best way to do it.

Maybe people should stop with all the beta talk and let those who know what they are saying make posts.

Back