Audiosurf

I'm not, it is crap, compared to the other modes imo :p

It's still damn difficult to get those damned 21-chain combos. But Pointman and Pusher are so much harder...

Oh, does anybody know how to use the left and right click functions if I want to use the keyboard only?

If you have the Orange Box soundtrack, try out one of the tracks from the Episode1 & Episode2 folder. It's called Shu'ulathoi, its track is almost completely red, and it has a track congestion of 343. It's an ambient track yet it is ridiculously difficult. Some other amazingly hard tracks can be found on the bonus CD (vacuum tracks) that came with one of the releases of Squarepusher's 'Hello Everything'. These tracks make make 'Through the Fire and Flames' look like piss.

Dick Dale's 'Misirlou' is also pretty difficult.

Just got an e-mail:

You used to have the worldwide best score for: straight outta compton by nwa

Now the Audiosurf player 'Tooner' has beaten you. Get back in the game and reclaim the top spot!

Revenge will be mine!

venturon said:
Dick Dale's 'Misirlou' is also pretty difficult.

But fun though. I love the fast songs.

I think the premise of making music shape the game is brilliant, although it often has trouble sensing the rhythm. I feel stupid for using the keyboard to move at first, but now I'm betting better. I like pointman pro the best. The only way I can get the top spot is by playing an obscure song. I really wish I could play copyright protected songs. The game taunts me by listing iTunes .m4a as a compatible format, but none of the songs I've downloaded are that format. I would suggest "Diamond Sea" by Sonic Youth as the most interesting, at least with pointman pro. The gradual progression of slow, then fast, then slow nature made it very fun. I was the first to post a score for that song, but I've been beaten since. I'd like to know if there's a way to see the songs where I'm on the board of top scores. I can't remember which songs I did well on.

Don't like the multi-coloured ones, i get confused between everything due to my colourblindness.

Mono is more difficult with my colorblindness. Many colors look grey to me. A lack of greys make it much easier.

I just played the demo a couple hours ago and I immediately hooked, so I bought it afterwards. So, now I've been playing for the last hour. At first when I heared about this game I wasn't really interested in it, but now I am...so many challenges! ...but damn, my eyes hurt after a while.

One of the songs I played was Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse, and I got the lowest score so far...until someone beats my score. Haha.

I bought it as soon as I got home from uni, and it's pretty damned good.

Dayvan cowboy by boards of Canada is a great tune to try. It climbs for ages, then falls down for ages as well.

I tried this game 2 nights ago & it did nothing for me. It's a great idea & I really tried to get into it while listening to my favorite music, but still no go. :(

-MRG

Finally got it, and I've just been playing a bunch of Four Tet on it, which for the most part has proved to be really awesome :D

Back