P

Phal

Any chance of allowing a bit more flexibility with the size :/ like allowing larger avatars but having something that re-sizes them automatically or some fancy shiz like that? :E

I would if I could..

i'm pretty sure you can.

BTW, could you change it so the default option for private message notification is a pop up box? i sent some PMs and they haven't noticed them yet. thx.

Yeah, ive seen it on other forums, not sure how u do it though Munro, ure the website wiz, u figure it out ;) hehe

noo.. please no auto resize thing.. it looks shit when you have a picture and it's resized by a scriptie, it looks all jagged

Might be able to now we got some more bandwidth.

just edit the avatar urself........ not hard with a proggy like Photoshop,,, and because it is a Vector based program (i think) if you paste the pic into a new file and edit it from there then there should be VERY LITTLE deformation due to the resizing.

Kam

Photoshop isnt vectorbased.. illustrator is tho..
It all depends on what type of file it is
All the usuall filetypes are pixelbased.. like bmp, jpg and gif
And changing those pictures' size will distort them no mather how you do it (that is, if the file hasnt got the same proportions.. say changing a 70x70 to 50x50 wont mess up the picture).
Croping is about the only way to do it..

Yeah if a really big avatar is auto-resized it looks a bit crap but if its just a little outside the max size then it looks fine, just saves all the bother of resizing something manually just to use it on here. That and id have to wait till i got home to do it since i cant do it at work :(

We could always have avatars turned off. Stop moaning!

Resizing to 50x50 is fine for the most part, but most images, without some skillful cropping will lose alot of quality in the transfer even using programs like Photoshop. My avatar was a really good quality picture... but I think it might have something to do with the JPG compression. Are BMP's allowed on here?

I think a good idea would be to increase the max size to 75x75 or even 100x100, and put a realistic file size limit on it. Maybe 3kb? ATM it's only 2, would an upsize really chew up that much bandwidth?

Resizing to 50x50 is fine for the most part, but most images, without some skillful cropping will lose alot of quality

..... this is probably a good thing in my case !!

:p

Back