Back in time to Half Life 1?

don't forget half-life is all about the illusion of choice.

Very true. I think if we get any choice at all, no matter what choices made in the game, it will all come to the same end. Kind of cliche, but eh, why not throw it out there.

Up to this point, we've had the illusion of choice because of the G-Man. The only way he would have a his own true choice would be if G-Man finally left Gordon alone once & for all, but I seriously doubt that would happen.

Seriously guys. Replay Episode Two. Uriah kills the gman. He is no more.

We already get told off a ot for creating Temporal Paradoxes...do I dont think so...

Yes, but we've seen one form of "time travel", not the kind we're discussing. We've seen time dialation in the Half-Life story (as with the portal out of Nova Prospekt), but not time travel to the past; any "time travel" has only been to the future because of time dialation. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, you would need to be moving faster than the speed of light to travel backwards in time (and this isn't Star Trek!).

I'm thinking it's time for a portal on the ceiling and a portal on the floor...wheeeee...

G-man: Dr. Freeman...you've got to come back with me.

Gordon: ...

G-man: Back to the future. And bring Ms. Vance along; this concerns her too.

Gordon: ...

G-man: No, no, Dr. Freeman. You and Alyx turn out just fine. It's your kids, Dr. Freeman. Something's got to be done about your kids.

Where we're going....we don't need roads.....

Off topic: If you happen to see back to the future movies on tv, notice how 90% of the lines are yelled at the top of their lungs

if they really feel the need to go back in time to Half Life 1 then it wouldn't be to stop the resonance cascade but to retrieve something from Black Mesa to use against the Combine, think about it, Black Mesa is a huge facility so a time travelling Gordon Freeman would attract attention but he could be miles away from HL1 Gordon Freeman, or maybe one point he sees his old self but through a telescopic view or something. He would then have to go through Black Mesa fighting aliens and soldiers etc, maybe even running into race X or the special ops and maybe the Gman who wouldn't be surprised to see him.

Personally, I dislike the concept of time travel being overused in genres. It would be too messy, sortof like the terminator franchise. I would be content that no one has still mastered time travel in the HL universe. Although Gordon traveled in time in HL2. It was merely a fluke.

It can't be I think.If rebels or G-man or otherwise Combine have this tecnhlogy why didn't they do that before Episode 3?The time travel=cliche

Sure, I got Doc brown on speed dial. I'll just ask him if we can barrow the Dellorian.

ha!
But if you think about it, Gordon would have to appear in the original HL1 because he travelled back in time..........so you would see him as an older man even though you were him............?

duh. if you watch the back to the future series, you'll totally understand time travel, all its implementations, and all of the consequences of time travel. its all very simple. the series is like the holy trinity. much better trilogy than either of the star wars trilogies, lotr, or the matrix. marty ftw!

if you were to go back in time to hl1.. wouldn't you be LOOKING at gordon? since when would that happen :p

There is another way of time travel.

The closer you get to a black hole, the slower time goes.
So, just wait a few years while in the presence of a black hole (a few years on your watch).

When you come back, hundreds or even thousands of years might have passed on Earth.

Too bad the nearest known black hole is like a few trillion kilometers away from the Earth. :bounce:
If we had a statis we could go there, would take a few millions years but hey.

And don't cross the event horizon of a black hole, or you will never return.

Good luck mates. :cheers:

Back