Battlefield 3 - 'Special Attention' on PC

For BC2 they claimed the same, all we got was this shitty blinding bloom effect and shitty unmoddable dedicated servers. Oh, another special feature was the lack of Onslaught.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Of course, I'm reading it as "OMG SUPER AWESOME FOR PC ONLY"

:(

I read it as

"it will have 64 player servers on PC."

I will not be disappoint. I hope.

I don't think that will work out very well with console-sized maps.

Yeah, I know. That is why I wrote that I interpreted the "special attention" remark as a sign that the PC version will have bigger maps.

Great, PC BF3 just got put in Special Ed.

i'll believe it when i see it in all honesty. Isnt BC2 PC still waiting on specact and onslaught dlc? special treatment my ass there

I fell for this scam with BC2.

Never buying another DICE product. Yesimad

i dont believe it till i see someone else play it

The way I see it re BC2 - that was originally a console game so DICE weren't quite aware of what PC gamers were expecting from it. Maybe...

But in my eyes BF3 is part of the core BF franchise so DICE are more understanding of what PC gamers are expecting.

In the end, I didn't even HATE BC2...I had a shit ton of fun with it.

BC2 hasn't been as good as BF2 once was, but it still was fun. I'd definitely play more if it didn't run like crap on my laptop or I wanted to pay for XBL Gold and play on a pad.

PC-exclusive Battlefield would be something I'd look forward too, but that's not happening, I don't think so.

Until I see concrete proof I'll regard this as just another empty promise for now.

Sounds nice but I'll reserve judgment until I actually play BF3. I love BC2 but it's not Battlefield.

Don't know why you would only say XP is unsupported, the far more important requirement is a direct x10 video card.

Doesn't affect me, but I know a lot of people are still in the stone age on this site. Should mean the game is going to look beautiful though.

Well I hope their DX10 optimisation is better than in BC2 then if they're going to make you require it. I got an extra 15-20fps by switching to DX9 in BC2. DX10 mode still ran like crap on my GTX280.

As long as it will be made available on consoles I simply don't believe them. I rushed out and bought BC2 and it was total crap, waste of $60. I will be alot more careful with BF3. $10 says when they release it the game will be buggy as shit on the PC, seems to be a trend for game developers these days.

I think the new generation consoles dealt a huge blow to PC gaming because now everything these studios do consoles are the money makers while PC gaming is treated as the mentally retarded step brother.

Shit.
I wasn't planning on getting rid of XP any time soon.

Meh, whatever.

Even for us, it's extraordinary.

To be honest I have read quotes like that one time too many. I will believe it when I see it.

"Even for us, it's extraordinary how similar the PC version will be."

Let's hope not.

Op link isn't working.

Anyone remember when they were still talking about using the spacial movement/awareness from Mirror's Edge in their other games? Full-on parkour would be a terrible fit for BF3, but I'd like to see some of it make it's way across. More navigating the terrain naturally, less bouncy jumping everywhere perhaps.

You guys are all haters. BC2 is consoley but still a great shooter. More importantly, Bad Company is the "consoley" version of Battlefield. I haven't given up on DICE yet. Battlefield 3 is the successor to BF2, not BC2. The "extraordinary special attention" they are giving to the PC version of BF3 may well be "exclusive content" in the form of bigger maps / higher playercount limits etc.

All I'm saying is that I will reserve judgment until I play it and I will most certainly buy it unless it ends up looking awful.

The "extraordinary special attention" they are giving to the PC version of BF3 may well be "exclusive content" in the form of bigger maps / higher playercount limits etc.

This alone would make me very happy.

This alone would make me very happy.

This alone is why I hate multiplatform games. We're reduced to the point where we're 'very happy' to just have standard things we've had for years and years.

I don't understand why people hold BF2 to such a high regard. Sure, it has its fun points but it was hardly perfect. The Desert Combat mod was a lot more fun for me than BF 2 was. Don't get me wrong. I love all of the original Battlefield games. I was a DICE fan long before BF1942 even came out. Codename Eagle, anyone? Anyway. But as much as i enjoyed the games, i could never really get into the infantry combat. It feels clunky an unresponsive. I've spent more time playing mods and expansion packs like Special Forces than the actual games. I preferred playing the expansion pack because it put a lot more emphasis on infantry combat and team work than BF2 ever did. BF2 is/was all about vehicle domination. The infantry combat seemed like an after thought.

If they can put as much effort into BF3's infantry combat mechanics as they did into Bad Company's, it should turn out to be a great game. But, for now, i'll be sticking with Bad Company 2.

You weren't a part of HL2Squad. That's why you didn't like it.

I just want a Battlefield 2 game on the frostbite engine man.

Back