Battlefield 3

Yeah, I have to say, the UI needs some tweaking there. The tools with which you have to handle your squad attachment are not very useful and the "join" and "leave" controls are a bit of a treasure hunt.

Yeah I agree. Also the menu for customising your soldier is awkward as hell to use. And it's kinda annoying you can't do anything whilst the kill-cam is still rolling. I don't want to sit their staring at the floor for 5 seconds when I could be adjusting my rollout!

... but then you might miss me humping your face repeatedly after finally getting a kill on you :(

Yeah I agree. Also the menu for customising your soldier is awkward as hell to use. And it's kinda annoying you can't do anything whilst the kill-cam is still rolling. I don't want to sit their staring at the floor for 5 seconds when I could be adjusting my rollout!
This. It's especially annoying when I pause the god damn game and suddenly whoop watch this guy get shot in the face or crouch in a corner for several seconds against your will we don't give a shitf*ck if you were trying to do something.

If you mean join a squad, there is a join button to the bottom right of the list of squads (to the right of hotel squad). Highlight and squad with space and it should say join down there and when you press that you'll be in the squad.

Unless its locked (has a little white padlock symbol next to it) or the game bugged out.

All these Karkand Servers :( I basically have to buy this expansion

Deathmatch modes still blow. Just one big clusterf*** where have the team is running about aimlessly and the other half is camping, waiting for someone to aimlessly run past.

But, but, L85A2 ...

.. Is it just me or are medics useless in this? I always enjoy playing a medic in Battlefield games (admittedly they seemed overpowered in BC2) but no one seems to play them in BF3, and they seem to have very little use. It seems like players regenerate health pretty damn fast, the respawn rates seem really fast, and the revive specialty that medics eventually unlock seems crappy or too slow.

You find the revive mechanic too slow? It's way faster than in any previous BF games with ZERO cooldown. If someone chucks a grenade into a room full of your teammates, they will all die but you can run in and revive them all within 5 seconds.

You are right that not many people play medic. At least not when you need one. But when I play medic I rack up so many points it's unreal! Also, hardcore mode, no health regen ;)

It must be you. I always see tons of folk playing medic and pretty much exclusively play it my self. Good all round class.

saying that tho it will change dependant on game type + map. Chances are you wont see so many on conquest because its so vehicle heavy.

Yeah, then everyone's a goddamn engineer, shooting rockets at people instead of bullets. I'm so tired of it.

Aye, its why i tend to play rush or if / when i do play conquest its the small maps, 32 player.

Speaking of, I think it'd be neat and probably good for balance if:
- Engis only got half points for killing infantry with anti-armor weapons.
- Recon got double points for spotting, and was the only class which could 3D-spot.

You find the revive mechanic too slow? It's way faster than in any previous BF games with ZERO cooldown. If someone chucks a grenade into a room full of your teammates, they will all die but you can run in and revive them all within 5 seconds.

You are right that not many people play medic. At least not when you need one. But when I play medic I rack up so many points it's unreal! Also, hardcore mode, no health regen ;)

I remember playing a few rounds on Kharg Island one day, as assault mostly, and just casually running from flag to flag, reviving and healing every now and then (there wasn't much teamplay going on, so I didn't have people around me all the time) and being surprised when I checked the scoreboard and found myself on the top place. So assault is the class I do best with, but then again I mostly play assault/medic in BF games, so I guess I'm used to the role.

Maps like Metro are where the defibs shine. Where it's tight quarters with about 20 people packed into a grenade filled corridor :D

medic is easily my favourite class, and i would probably call it the most effective on the battlefied as an all-round footsoldier, though obviously the perfect way to play battlefield is to have assault working with support backed up by engineer - recon is easily the one class that could be striked off here. though they have no capabilities of taking out armour, the power of revival and quick regeneration, used by a capable, clever team, can easily avoid situtations where armour is given a chance to flex it's muscles.

i half agree and disagree with zt's post - there are a lot of people playing assault, but in my experience very few seem to play it to it's full capabilitlies, which i have also complained about a whole number of times in in this thread as with people playing support and the lack of ammo drops. on the battlefield i am a medic first and a soldier second - everybody and their mums have guns in this game, so i feel it nessecary to go out with my defibs and make sure our ticket count is staying level. if i could, i would happily trade in my primary weapon if it meant some sort of advantage to the defibs, though really there isn't much more than can be added; i feel that it revives people in a just-right amount of time, perhaps maybe i could get two extra arms sewn on to my body instead so i could handle a second pair of 'fibs to revive two people at a time? but i digress (and i would keep my sidearm, because a medic with a pistol... that's a sight, an image - an aesthetic - i like), it's a powerful role, and it frustrates me to no end when i get shot or blown up and in those five or so seconds of lying on the floor staring at the verticle battlefield i see assault troops on my own team running around not bothering to pick me off the floor.

that frustration is probably a direct response to how much i strive to be a better medic for the good of the team, and probably why i'm ranked 300-and-something on the global leaderboard for playing revives or heals. depressingly, i only have 500-plus revives, and that really isn't that many for however many millions there are playing the game.

Best fun I've had so far in BF3 is on an infantry-only, Conquest Large on Strike at Karkand server. It's weird, but I really don't care all that much about vehicles in Battlefield. And oddly enough, having only like 12 players on the server is more fun to me than having 32, 48 or 64 players. Maybe because my framerate is a lot smoother, but you also feel like you matter more and you're less likely to lone wolf it.

One thing that has been bugging me about BF3: what the fuck is up with faction locked weapons? I love my M16A3, yet I can't use it while Russian? Screw that. Let me have my M16A3 and M4A1. It's even worse for recon, I can't stand the chevron-like sights on the SVD scope and I don't play recon enough to have anything but the SV98 which also has those sights. Just gimme a crosshair.

You can unlock the faction specific starter weapons for the other faction as that classes last unlock :)

Maps like Metro are where the defibs shine. Where it's tight quarters with about 20 people packed into a grenade filled corridor :D

Yes, but I have to say it gives me less satisfaction reviving and healing people that way. Sure it's good for the points, but feels, well... like a video game - immersion broken ;)

We need to get a game going together guys, playing BF3 alone got old pretty quickly for me. I've got a friend I always played BF2142 with, communicating on X-Fire voice chat, but his laptop wouldn't handle BF3 (plus he fried his GPU anyway). So I don't have a brother in arms anymore and playing with someone is approximately... 3 times as fun :|

Yeah I know. That whole map is really broken to be honest. People do only play it to power level really!

Shock paddles always heal bullet wounds. YOU NO ASK QUESTIONS.

Hope this no repost.

Did you play a game on the /v/ server unozero? Some guy there had your name and I asked him and he never replied. Also, I have never seen so much greentexting in one video game.

Goodness gracious flying jets is much fun in this game. Now that I've become a pretty decent pilot I am racking up the points. Just a had a 33k point game (with awards and such) as a jet on Oman. Bundles of fun

the perfect way to play battlefield is to have assault working with support backed up by engineer - recon is easily the one class that could be striked off here. though they have no capabilities of taking out armour, the power of revival and quick regeneration, used by a capable, clever team, can easily avoid situtations where armour is given a chance to flex it's muscles.

I feel a lot of Engineers are almost as bad as Recons tbh. Most I see on the battlefield run around and act like "stealthy" Recons rather than offer any real support or teamwork with Assault or Medics. It's really ****ing annoying in my opinion.

I agree that Recons are generally useless, but those that frequently and cleverly use their spawn beacon are huge time savers. I feel if you have a Recon on your team who chooses an assault weapon, rather than a sniper, and uses his spawn beacon a lot, it can be a real boost to the team.

Had an awesome round today that I had to come post about.

I've been playing with a RL friend of mine. We load into Sharqi Pen. and since I have the luxury of a newly installed SSD, I loaded in quick enough to secure a seat in the MI-28 Havoc...although it was the gunner's seat. Round starts and after a brief victory against the enemy Viper, we get blasted out of the sky because the pilot either doesn't have flares or is too cool to use them (mine weren't enough). My buddy dies around this time as well. At this point, we decide to just be those degenerates on the team that wait in the deploy screen until our vehicle pops up. It does after 30 seconds and we get it.

From this point on, the rest of the 1000 ticket round, we did not die. We took down the enemy Viper time and time again, helped our teammates destroy armor and cover their capture of TV Station and had the enemy cowering in fear. We kept their SOFLAMs down and kept picking off the pesky squads that tried to sneak around to retake TV Station - they never did get it back.

My favorite part of the match was when we were accused of cheating. First it was for my gunner (he was 30-something and 1 at the time), and then it was me. When one of the admins asked why the guy thought I should be kicked, I replied, "I'm flying :)" And he just goes, "No problem with that" and the accuser continued to be pissy.

All in all, it was a landslide victory when we took to the skies. Like I said, we didn't die and racked up a lot of kills along the way.

073E04876F154447C50800A1CF3FA64EFAF13043

I am BundleOfSticks and my gunner friend is Jugglenob.

omg most epic game... ever! 3 medals 1 service star :D

14vry3n.jpg

Does anybody play on Xbox Live? I've got a few of you guys on there and to be honest this game's poo on your own.

/nofriends.

PM me tags or ask for mine. Or something to that effect.

The airpain video was great, I laughed at *panic flares*

Havent been playing with Kadayi, Shakerino, Hool or Nazrudin in frigging months. Miss the Mumble sessions.

Definitely a dreary game without people to laugh with.

Really want a group to fight with again. Sick of all these people playing who blatantly only care about their k/d ratios.

I finally got over the suck-hump I've been facing through my BF3 tour of duty. I'm not good now, but at least I have the service stars to show that I accomplished something in each class. Pecheneg, L85A2, Sig, and M98B are my weapons. Also I am a vehicle whore, so I have the tank service star (and almost one for the LAV) to show that too.

Goddamn. It pisses me off how this game keeps matchmaking me with empty servers..

Am I that bad, that only an empty server is a good match for my skill level?

Err, choose a full-ish server each time from the server list?

If you cant do that...then get the PC version.

What's grating on me lately is seemingly always joining a server and then being put on the team that is losing. I mean ***k me. When I join a server and get put in the team winning I have a mini celebration. Then again, I did join a server the other night where we were down 120-270 or something and we won.

Err, choose a full-ish server each time from the server list?

I usually just wanna hit "Quick Match" and pwn some n00bs (read: get frustrated with my ineptitude and rage quit).

You gotta admit that matchmaking having you join an empty server is really dumb.

Back