BC2 Vietnam sound-off

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
I've been playing nothing but BC2: Vietnam since it came out and I am hopelessly addicted despite that there are only 4 maps (and just a single decent vehicle-heavy map). If you check your INI file there is a field that enables music in vehicles, if you set this to true you get the classic BFV 60s tunes in the jeep, heli etc.

Anyway, I'd love some squad action with those of you that have Vietnam so if you have it and play it post up your ingame tag and let's get some pwnage on.

Mine is HANDS MECHANICAL.

I ran into Tyguy in one of my games and he and I had a good ol' time fragging each other for a half an hour. Skill level isn't important... just that you're ready to squad up and play the game how it's meant to be. I could probably also throw up a Vent server on my VPS if any of you want to get real serious with it.

Take a guess..
though I kind of lost patience with it because of the shit hitboxes and consistent lag even on west coast servers.

And I don't have Vietnam. I only got BC2 cause of the Steam sale today in fact ;_;

I would get it, if BC2 had worked, luckily i'm getting a new CPU

I've been on this nonstop since a friend got it for me a few days back. 'Nam is absolutely excellent. Name = TechnoMagi

I'll get it eventually... good to hear that it's fun though.

StormyBA

It can be a pain squading up tho.

Added you, hool and Stormy. If you ever see me on feel free to hop ingame!

What do you mean by squadding can be a pain, Stormy?

Might pick this up later today. I aquired Bad Company 2 last night. :v

My in-game name is Sliverrr (3 rs). I just picked up Vietnam and hope to be playing more regularly.

I forget what my name is because it said my name was already taken (bullshit) but I picked this up over the weekend as well.

Okay, NOW I'm buying it today. Right now I have vanilla BC2, and my in-game name is Soupstorm.

My name is Talamak, but I only have vanilla maps. I can probably join your Yankee servers without too much lag.

Added you, hool and Stormy. If you ever see me on feel free to hop ingame!

What do you mean by squadding can be a pain, Stormy?

It can just be hard getting eveyone on the same team. I'm uk by the way so pings might be a little bit shitty.

Yeah I prefer it to the normal BFBC2, not so much vehicle ownage. Iv been playing on hardcore servers, no spotting, no map and FF on, it makes the game much more intense but you need to go on smaller servers, 20 or 24 players.

Added Zephos, Sliver and Stigmata.

I have pretty good internet so I can probably swing joining a UK server if necessary (although anything further east than that might get dodgy).

Jammydodger, it was a surprise to see you post! I didn't realize you still paid any attention to little ol' Halflife2.net. Good to see you around :)

I'm officially taviow, who also owns Vietnam. Still learning though.

What's the protocol for clan tag? Until I hear otherwise I'm setting mine to [HL2net].

I also own BC2 nam now.

name is "Mr Hokey1337"

So glad I purchased this. Will be on all day tomorrow while off work.

The 5th map Operation Hastings was just unlocked by PC players first, completing 69 million team actions in the amount of time it took 360 users to get ~40 million and PS3 ~30 million. I find it kind of amusing personally as a demonstration of how PC gaming is more team-oriented in general, because I can't imagine that there are twice as many PC players than 360 players.

I'm about to hop on and check it out, will add you Hokey and tav in the process.

edit: It's a pretty cool map, the conquest version is huge (4 points) and has more tanks, boats, jeeps and copters than you can shake a stick at. Haven't tried the rush version but I imagine it's awesome too.

Jammydodger, it was a surprise to see you post! I didn't realize you still paid any attention to little ol' Halflife2.net. Good to see you around :)

Cheers dude, yeah I still frequent the forums every now and then :) have a good new year all.

PS.

The names JammyDodger if you want to add me.

I'm Bob_Marley42.

Very pleased with my SS present, BFBC2 & Vietnam are both a ton of fun. Definetly agree about Op. Hastings - excellent map with plenty of toys to play with! :)

Got this too yesterday. As with BC2 I am struggling to get a hang of the weapons and maps, but I'm sure it will improve.

My soldier name should be Wanted Bob.

Got this too yesterday. As with BC2 I am struggling to get a hang of the weapons and maps, but I'm sure it will improve.

My soldier name should be Wanted Bob.

It's got a weird learning curve.

Yeah, BC2 really requires you get a feel for the gameplay before you can be halfway decent at it. Once you figure out what works for you in terms of guns and tactics though it gets better quickly. Some of it is just a little counter-intuitive when compared to other "modern" shooters that rely less on realism / actual tactics.

I actually don't like Operation Hastings as much as I like the rest of the maps.

so yeah. Add me: dAnthraxxx

My best friend has this on PS3, and it's completely epic. One of the few multiplayer FPS games of late to hold my attention (BC2 itself doesn't really interest me).

Wish I could afford it on PC, but I can't justify it since I have so much work. Is it so much better on PC than it is on 360? I've seen the picture that shows squad tactics are actually being used, but what's it like in real terms?

This isn't about Vietnam specifically, but I have to ask since it's been bothering me for a while: is my account bugged? I think I'm currently either level 27 or 28 (I forgot) and to get to the next takes like 120k XP, is it me or is than an insane amount? It was a pretty sudden jump too, usually I gained levels pretty quickly, but I've been the same level for ages. If that's the case for everyone, how can it be that there's people who are level 50? That's insane.

That said, I'm liking Vietnam. It's simpler and more pure than regular BC2.

That's no bug. I'm only just about to hit level 30 myself. Once you hit about 26 or so, it starts taking a LOT to progress. You can move up a bit faster by grinding all of the specific achievements/stars etc but really it just takes an absurd amount of playing time and points to hit 50.

I've only leveled once since Vietnam came out and I've played at least 20-40 hours of it so far.

I've been playing quite a bit the past week, during the night mostly.

I officially approve of this good shit.

The problem is I don't ever find people online! This thread made it sound like you people were all over it!

Yeah the jump from around level 28 onwards is big. At the moment I think it takes me about 200k xp to level up. I'm level 40 at the moment. The way I got here was just went through each gun one by one getting the gold stars (5000 xp). Now it'll just take time and lots of points to reach lvl 50. I probably won't ever get there before BF3 comes out.

Yeah it scared me when the first 50s started showing up not even a couple months after the game released. I mean even being really really good doesn't lend itself to getting that many points. I played fairly consistently and certainly not poorly and I wasn't even at 26 when people were at 50. I figure if I had used a bunch of diffferent weapon instead of sticking with what I liked I would have probably made a little more progress.

It's quite possible to point whore though. Especially if you're good. You can get thousands and thousands of points in one match from revive alone as medic on rush maps.

Also, I love the dinky little Tuktuk. It's probably by far the lamest vehicle ever in a Battlefield game. It can barely make it up hills and its top speed is like 25mph.

tuktuk.jpg

As such I use it every chance I can for the lol factor. Occasionally other people are silly enough to get on as passengers and I bet we make a funny sight careening into the enemy base before promptly exploding in a huge fireball.

Good shit as in, I really like it. I don't mean it in a bad way at all, now that I think about what I said :S

Back