Begginer

iyfyoufhl

Reaction score
Hey, guys I got a question about web design. I know there are better places than this forum to ask web developing questions but this forum is my "home"/and i always go here first before posting anywhere else.

Ok that said. I am building a website for some body and it's actually almost finished and online, check it out here http://jiwonlee.net/

However, I ran into problems with a "form" that I am trying to insert.

It's a simple guestbook type form where a person enters name and comment. Now I want this information (from the form) to be submitted to an email address. I don't want to put that info into any database and I don't need any fancy stuff like autoreply. I just need the name and comment to be sent to an email address.

I tried messing around with "mailto" action, but every time i use it and click the "Submit" button an email client pops up, promoting me to write and actual email instead of just submitting the comment through the form.

I tried messing around with scrips and stuff, but dug myself into a hole and was left confused (i know I am a web-developing n00b).

I will read up on scripting and such but for right now I need a quick solution to get the information from my form to be send to a specific email address.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks in advance;)

Back