Believe in life after death?

Do you believe in an after life?

• Yes, very much so.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • No.

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I will be the first human to live forever0rz.

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Dax
You should check out Area 51 and see what exacly goes on there..if you can find that place that is ;-)

wtf, tones of people know where area 51 is, one guy lives on the other side of the mountain facing it, he said some crazy shit goes on there

besides its in Nevada right?

edit: groom lake, 90 miles away from las vegas.

Well, I have no idea where Area 51 is. I don't live in the U.S.

"crazy shit goes on there"

Yes!! But WHAT kind of "crazy shit" goes on there?!

The way I see it is, imagine yourself with absolutely no senses, No vision, no deafness, no feel, no smell, no taste. Now...how could you store memories? How could do anything as a matter of fact. Technically, you'd exist, but then again, your mentality wouldn't exist. What about when you sleep? you have no feeling whatsoever, and time mentally does not exist. I believe that death is the same thing, just no waking up, and no dreams. No more emotions, nothing.

I don't know why people can't comprehend easily that we are just thinking beings, yes something created life and that's hard to grasp but I like to think the humunasist view. It's the most logical. After all the bible was written by Romans ;).

Originally posted by Dax
Well, I have no idea where Area 51 is. I don't live in the U.S.

"crazy shit goes on there"

Yes!! But WHAT kind of "crazy shit" goes on there?!

Well you have to have heard of Las vegas, its just 90 miles away.

and the crazy shiot that goes on is like that guy has seen funky aircraft at nightime, he said they looked like a boeing 747 body with no wings.

I would've thought that near-death visions or whatever are caused by starvation of oxygen to the brain and just the general, severe disruption to the CNS to give you strange visions, hallucinations and "recollections".

EDIT:
Originally posted by switch
if anyones interested they are investigating outer body experiences somewhere in england, i think its birmingham.
I thought Birmingham was a Near-Death Experience...

I always thought of it as where the hell does your mind go?. You cannot just shut down and then fail to exist in some form or another. Its either that or we are reincarnated and never realize it

Originally posted by el Chi
I thought Birmingham was a Near-Death Experience...

I always thought of Death as a near-Birmingham Experience.

I'm gonna become mayor of Birmingham and thenhang a huge sign up next to all the roads into the city saying:
Birmingham: The Clue Is In the Middle Four Letters
I always thought of it as where the hell does your mind go?. You cannot just shut down and then fail to exist in some form or another. Its either that or we are reincarnated and never realize it - Shockwave
That's part of the reason (along with a fear of death) people believe in life after death: That everything we've ever known - thoughts, memories, etc. - suddenly disappears and that we are not conscious of any of it and simply cease to be is simply inconceivable (well, I find it inconceivable).
But as for the reincarnated thing: Some people who claim to have been re-incarnated do actually have "memories" from their supposed past lives. Testimonies of children knowing their way intimately around places they've never been to before, supposedly because it's where their old life worked/hung out/etc.

Back