Best and Worst Ending

Speaking of endings, I think the ending to the movie signs really sucked. I mean, it just felt so incomplete.

Back on topic, I hope it ends with some sort of a choice that Gordon has to make. When the Gman offers Gordon a job, that whole sequence was epic.

Worst: Gordon sees the G-Man walking towards him as the Combine homeworld freezes in time and g-man is in mid-sentence when Gordon notices the various buildings being disintegrated as if they were hit by an energy ball from one of the combine rifles. The trail of vaporized buildings gets closer as G-man talks as he ussually does in his cryptic and odd manner, until the last building is vaporized and Doctor Kleiner is seen with a little pda on a handle sort of thing and the word "mingebag" is seen above his head, he thean vaporizes g-man with the console and goes about "loling" leaving Gordon in stasis forever as the screen blacks out...

I think my worst is best. :LOL:

How about this one?

Gordon lays a can of whoop-ass on the g-man after learning that he was the one who orchestrated the Black Mesa Incident and the subsequent Combine invasion. G-man, who was beaten, does not have so much as a scratch on his face or any signs of fatigue whatsoever.

"Mister Freeman, you certainly have the ability to live up to your last name, but you do not have the right. I must regret to inform you that my employers have decided that your race is a threat to them. And it's all because of you, Mister Freeman. You were our benchmark on which to judge your whole species. Your resourcefulness and combat ability helped you pass with flying colors. Yes, Mister Freeman, it has all been a large experiment. You have achieved such messianic rapport among your colleagues, but if they knew the truth, how would they feel? Every life you saved, Mister Freeman, led you even closer to the brink of extinction. Do not fight it, Mister Freeman. You have defeated the Combine, but they were merely OUR puppets, as everything in the known universe is. If you choose to fight, Mister Freeman, you will only find a fate worse than death."

At this point, you have your crowbar and the option whether or not to attack the g-man. The ending is different whether you do or not.

If you don't attack him:
"It is finally good to see a species accept their own death as calmly as yours. After all, it is just the natural way of things." *evil laughter*

If you attack him:
"So be it, Mister Freeman. I am truly sorry to do this; you would make such a good business partner. The worst part is, I suppose, that you will retain the full memory of this conversation and of your actions leading to this point. You will, however, be unable to stop yourself, as the wheel of fate does not turn for one so... meager as you. Watch as they die, Mr. Freeman, watch and do nothing. Maybe this time around you'll make the right choice."

At this point the player is transported through a portal back in time to the anomalous materials lab in the middle of the resonance cascade (the very beginning where you're teleported to all the different places), as the scene replays, you can hear faint maniacal laughter in the background, and then it fades out to the credits.

I like the second one, as it both reflects the inability of the player to forget the rest of the storyline if he plays through the games again, and his inability to change it for the better.

worst: After destroying the main citadel core in the combine home world Gordan is confronted by the Gman again and after a long speech you are back where you started in the black void where the Gman keeps you in storage.

best: anything better than my ending.

worst: After destroying the main citadel core in the combine home world Gordon is confronted by the Gman again and after a long speech you are back where you started in the black void where the Gman keeps you in storage.
I think that's been done in Half Life 2, just on Earth in City-17...

I know that's why it's the worst the recurring events from hl2's ending in a new environment like the Combine overworld but I don't think Valve will that to us.

Best:Gordon saves humanity from the threat of Combine,Gman teleports him to other planets where a employer needs Godron's services(Employer can't open bottle of wine :)) )or Gman puts him back in statis keeping him till Earth needs him again (half-life series will never end.Yay!!!) (eventualy marries Alyx, still works for Gman to make a safe place for his famly)
worst:Happy or sad ending,that will make the hl serries to end(Gordon marries Alyx,but declines any of Gman's offer so he can be close to his famly)

Well I doubt that the Gman would put you back into statis if he's just lost control over you unless he regains control and everything goes back to the way is was but I doubt that Gabe mentioned himself that the episodes are about how the Gman is losing control over you and how he reacts to it.
I put the Gman putting Gordan into statis in my ending because it's the worst ending but if it's the best that means you actually believe that he's going to do that.

Best: It might be interesting to make, as hinted at before, a "grey" choice. Maybe having to choose between Kleiner and Eli, or two other characters who are balanced in importance. Something that would have an equal amount of good and bad repercussions. Gordon is a fairly good guy, but he's made some mistakes (i.e, the whole Black Mesa incident and, if you're me, the thousands of resistance fighters' deaths I accidentally caused. I told them to stay in the corner!) and the ending should reflect such ambiguity. In my opinion, anyway.

Worst: Anything easily predictable or painstakingly linear. The very, very end should be up to the player, a la HL1.

I can't believe no one has said it yet

Worst ending. Gordon wakes up back in black mesa, where he's really just a janitor who had fallen a sleep on the job, it was all just a dream

Best Ending. Everything is in ruins, everyone else of importance has been killed off. Humanity is even worse off that it was before. The combine empire has been shattered beyond repair, and somehow you've managed to either aquire the same portal tech as the gman, or have destroyed his briefcase forcing him to move around conventionally. Eventually cornering him, watching as his smugness evaporates as he pleads for his life. Gordon the stone cold mute in orange proceeds to beat or shoot the gman to death. He later finds some crazy portal that may lead anywhere, and hops in. Roll credits

I can't believe no one has said it yet. Worst ending: Gordon wakes up back in black mesa, where he's really just a janitor who had fallen a sleep on the job, it was all just a dream

Lol I think that's supposed to be the best at least I think so.
I think the worst would be the same like that but instead of janitor he's still the same scientist he was in half life and you have to report to the test chamber therefore leading to the events of the entire half life saga.

Best ending: Combine is routed and someone put a bullet in G-Man's face.
Worst ending: G-Man tells that he's Gordon's Father

Hmmm, But really what would be the best ending? I mean we don't even know who all the players are yet. Someone else could come along even more significant then Alyx and then what? That'll just throw everything we just said now out the window.

Thought I do think some of you have very good ideals. Givin' what we know right now they would make a very good endings. However, knowing Valve, they just wont settle with any ordinary ending.
Infact... I can see them reading this forums at this moment and marking everything you guys just said off their lists just to make sure they come up with their own unique ending. Because that just seems like something the Valve people would do.

i don't remember where i read this but it's similar with that wake up as a janitor

"Gordon is waked up by his teacher Issac Kleiner,he was asleep in his physics class,he looks in his left,it was his drinking partner Barney Calhoun,looks in the right it was his coleauhe Alyx,after class when he looks trough the window,outside there was a man in a gray suit with a case,looking straith at him and aranging his tie."

I'd like an ending where the G-man comes to congratulate you and gets his leg caught behind something and hits the deck.

There has been lots of endings that i dont want to see even in my nightmares:

1. Gordon wakes up back in black mesa, where he's really just a janitor who had fallen a sleep on the job, it was all just a dream.
2. Confronting the Combine on their homeworld, Gordon realizes the shocking truth: Race-X was in control of the slugs all along, and the only man equipped to stop them is Adrian Shephard, who bursts through a portal like some unwanted deus ex machina just as sudden death awaits Gordon Freeman. A fight ensues and you and Adrian destroy every last shocktrooper and geneworm.
3. Gordon has to fight that thing Shephard fought at the end.

1. and 2. Are worst nightmare scenarios lol, cant stop laughing :D

#3 is bad too. The Gene Worm sucked ass. Fucckin' Gearbox.

A different version of Gordon waking up would be:
Gordon makes sure there are no combine left on Earth and is worshipped by the rebels.
Then he has sex with Alyx. And suddenly he wakes up and finds himself sleeping on the Black Mesa tram's seat. He dissapointedly gets up and straightens his tie (the same way G-man does) and waits for his stop. When the tram stops, a security guard comes up to him and says something, that sounds awfully familiar..."Morning, Dr.Freeman...Looks like your running late." Gordon continus through the corridors and hears his fellow scientists telling him things he is sure he heard somewhere...but where? "Weren't you supposed to be in the test chamber half an hour ago?", "You'll just have to wait until AFTER the EXPERIMENT."

Gordon gets his H.E.V suit and heads for the test chamber. he also gets a familiar lecture before the experiment and continues towards the test chamber with suspicion.

When the crystal sample is brought up he is shocked. He realizes he has to go through the whole shit...AGAAAAAIINN!!!!! bwaahahahaaahaahahomgz.:cheese:

ok lets see

best:

Epic Battle...tons of rebels...insane amount of action...suddenly reduced down to a gman battle. Cliff hanger but reveals almost everything you would want to know,.

worst:
a weird time travel thing sending Gordon back to black mesa

Maybe because Black Mesa started it all,but i love black mesa anyway,there are speculation that the BM incident was planned by The Combine so they could invade earth,meaning that DR. Breen was a traitor all along from the begining

Ending one: Freeman is a woman. Credits roll.
Ending two: Lammar jumps on gmans head (while Kliener yells "Lammar? Lammar, come back!) allowing you to beat him to death with his briefcase.

But if it wasn't for BM, Half-life wouldn't be here among us today.

And this thread was pretty old.

WAS
We got Path Of Neo, we got Waking up in BM, we got Combine Home worlds, and Gmod, it was a good thread, I know I 'loled' alot

best and worst

best- the end of humanity is inevitable so gordon freeman is taken back in time by the g-man where he must save his own life and stop the combine from ever existing by traveling to their homeplanet and fighting a series of new synths

worst- gordon wakes up on the train at the beginning of the level point insertion.

Also it should end on a cliffhanger so it's like is the series over or not? YOU DECIDE! but then a million modders would try and continue it and fail.

Maybe in the end Gordan will be given the choice to never exist in the first place so that none of half life or half life 2 will ever happen because it was all Gordan's fault in the first place but that of course must be considered a bad ending too.

Everything, that has something to do with the demise of Gordon SUCKS ASS!

Yeah =@
And WTF with the trimple postage?

I think the best, would be where you actually feel like you've accomplished something, a huge fight with no silly tricked out Gravity Gun to make the last bit extremely easy, but like, a major fight. Like the Nihilanth, but with another enemy, and more tactics involved, fighting different things while the Boss keeps attacking as well. . . it has to be something EPIC, there is no way you just END half-life, if there is, you probably screwed up at making it, it has to be fully full-filling, and more awesome than all the games combined!

Maybe a full-out battle with the combine?

With rebels and combine spawning on both sides.

And you have to go through the heat of the battle, and meet some uber-boss for a final showdown?

^^this would suck IMO.

Hopefully Valve cooks up something weird and creepy, some cliffhager, that leaves you wanting for more, but you have to face the truth...there won't be more...

I want a battle like the ones at the end of each Metal Gear Solid game.

...except 2.

The Boss fight (heehee) in 3 was so epic...

Now. . . imagine if it ended on Xen? After the combine have plwed through and everything. . . I think I'm on to something. . .

Best: A epic battle that stops the portals from forming , but the only way to do it is that gorden dies , also barny should die , eli should die , dog should die , kliener should die and the world lies in ruins.
Worst: Gorden beats the combine and every1 is happy.

"Everyone dies, all your fighting was for nothing" endings are just as bad as "everyone lives happily ever after with rainbows and bunnies.". A good ending should have a mix of both.

<3 rainbow bunnies

Best: Valves
Worst: Not-valves

Back