Best Survival Time

Sandspider

Reaction score
Simple thread.

Post your best time! That's it!

Mine is currently 4:54 (yes pretty lame)

:thumbs:

Dead Air - Terminal: 7:40-something. It might be 41 or 43, but I know it's 7 minutes.

18:18:47 - No Mercy "The Gas Station"

Thats insane! I played that yesterday and I think we got to about 6 minutes or so, but one thing I did notice was how easy the Tanks were on that map. Maybe the other three guys on my team were really good at killing 'em, but they seemed to go down well quickly. We were holed up in the office with the broken ceiling until we ran out of ammo, abandoned ship then got overrun by about four Hunters and three Smokers. Bad times.

00:00:00
I was playing with bots and a tank bashed me into the sea, yet for some reason i didn't die and none of the zombies could get me. I left the game running seeing how long it would go for seeing as i was invulnerable where i was, and it just reset back to 00:00:00 and locked there. I wished i suicide after i reached 45 minutes now.

7:10 on Last Stand, it sucked because by then we were all out of ammo and using pistols on the two tanks that ran in at the same time.

Probably something around 6 minutes. Is Last Stand the hardest survival map out of all other Left 4 Dead maps?

Also, where do you guys camp in Last Stand? I usually whore the water heaters, it works pretty well. Just use primaries when there's a tank, other than that, pistols only.

Just been playing on the train Warehouse on Blood Harvest, where you have to open the emergency door to trigger the hordes. The main room is crap so we started hoarding items into the crescendo room, opening the door then pegging it into the room with the catwalks and the big windows, grabbing as many items as possible. It got to a point several rounds in where we would be able to get a good 10 items onto the catwalk by throwing them to each other in little leap frogging tactics.

Anyway, the catwalk is a great place to hold as they mostly focus on attacks from the main stairway near the crescendo doorway, and the only way a Tank can get to you is by climbing the stairs which is ample time to throw a molotov or blow up a fuel tank. Smokers can grab you easily but you don't go anyway because of the railings and Hunters either have to get really precise jumps or otherwise they also walk up the stairs.

Great map. Played the Bridge map on Blood Harvest too which we got 8 minutes on the first time, then got worse after that. :(

Made it to 6:00 minutes with Glenn and Nick in The Street, but things immediately went to shit and I was the last to die at 6:46... damn that was so close.

Made it to 6:00 minutes with Glenn and Nick in The Street, but things immediately went to shit and I was the last to die at 6:46... damn that was so close.

There has been a few times now where I or my team have died literally a second away from beating a record or obtaining a silver score. Sucks.

Yeah, just got a new kick ass time playing the Runway in Dead Air.

We made it to about 8:30, really pleased with that.

15:26.30 on The Terminal I believe.

No boomers spawned somehow which was nice.

The Terminal is a great map, but I find the amount of tanks in a level playing field plus hordes blocking your escape all too quickly leads to the teams doom

Fighting off on the van (ammo) in terminal is intense, survived 18 min-ish even w/ tank spawning at us.

15:26.30 on The Terminal I believe.

No boomers spawned somehow which was nice.

We had no Boomers on The Bridge for our first round which was indeed very cool. Not like an added horde after being vomited on makes much difference to the ten million other zombies swarming you, but you gotta keep your eyes peeled for those pesky Smokers.

Got 19mins 37secs or something on No Mercy Generator Room. Man that was tough!

7:22, i know it's only 12 seconds better than my last time but it was pretty impressive considering ALL my teammates were AI.

3.29 on dead air, construction site. I think it's dead air at least.

12:18 on NM Gas Station.

2 seconds behind Acid's time! Damn him. :p

I feel pretty insignificant. It was the finale of Dead Air. Me, Digi, dvs and somebody else I don't remember.

It hits 6m. Two tanks appear and we are getting SWARMED with hunters and the likes. Someone quits, leaving a poor bot with a hunter on him and the rest fending for our lives. I see the last person besides me die, its' 6:15. I run for the other side of the map, knowing there are pipe bombs and moltovs on the way. I grab and throw all of them as fast as I can. I find a corner, reload and heal. Broke 7m. Then it's two tanks, 3 hunters and a smoker vs me. GG at 7:30 or something.

My new best was 12:08 in the Warehouse, have everyone grab what supplies they can (including gas tanks), open the door, run across the room and up the stairs, and just fight in that corner. There's a lack of ammo, but there's two pipe bombs in the corner we can use. From that place we can pretty much see Tanks and Specials long before they can attack us. My best strategy for ammo conservation is using pistols on everything besides tanks (even then i ran out like a minute before we all died), so the rest of my team did so as well. We did surprisingly well.

9.42 on Last Stand. Anybody think Last Stand is the most difficult survival map?

9.42 on Last Stand. Anybody think Last Stand is the most difficult survival map?

I don't know about the most difficult, but it's certainly the map I die the fastest on. The big killer for me is being flung into the water/from a great height. I generally go for higher places in most maps, but it's pretty hard to keep a good footing on Last Stand in the lighthouse.

I haven't played it that much, though - there are still loads of places I haven't tried to hold-off in yet.

I'd say Last Stand's hardest of the ones I've tried, just far too easy to be killed in a second up high, and much easir to be completely swarmed/cornered by tanks down low.

Back