Beta (Reddish Orange, Blonde) style Gordon

THE GMoD

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I just spent a matter of hours converting the current Gordon's textures into that reddish orange style HEV, with the Blonde hair seen in a number of Pre-Release shots.

It is far from perfect, but I tried my best:

I used the following image for most of my reference:

Creating this pack involved the following things:

Recoloring Gordon's HEV suit (Took the longest, due to the higher amount of textures involved)
Recoloring Gordon's Facial Hair (Hair, Eyebrows and Beard)
Smoothing lines on Gordons face (He looks younger, similar to the source image)
Replacing the shiny grey chrome with a black chrome

Overall took a few hours, and a large smile.

Programs used:

Gimp (For actually editing the textures)
Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer (For Extraction, rendering and injection of the textures into the game)

Note that in the reference image supplied, Gordon is not wearing gloves. I decided to keep the gloves in mine, instead basing that off of an other reference image.

Phew, glad thats over with, so what do you guys think? Its not the most difficult thing I have done, but it was not "easy". It looks ok, considering the break lines in between where textures meat (For example, front to back textures) witch I have no idea how to fix...?

good but if you want to do this for fun = great but if you wan this to turn into something more, check out z brush I did this ages ago using z brush to touch up my skins :)

tumblr_kvy4atwaFy1qae58a

Next Gordon texture pack is going to be based off of the following concept art that Ted drew during art class.

Back