Big News Tuesday! Also, Meet the Engineer next week

Sniper! Behind you!

I'm looking forward to this video, I wonder if he still using that beam pistol...

I cant wait! FOR THE ****ING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am in school, I guess I shall have to see it when I come home.

Let's all try and figure it out!

It can't be release date... The only thing I've got right now is new class? or new maps or something. Maybe it's DX10?

Looking forward to seeing the Engineer (and wondering what the news could be)! Thanks for the heads-up.

Since they mentioned the "planning vacations" bit, I suspect it's something like a beta/demo, perhaps for orange box pre-orders.

It sounds obvious to me it's that TF2 (or the beta) will be released early for pre-orders on Steam. As has been said, that's exactly what they did with the "multiplayer component" of HL2. Why else would someone want to "hold off on vacation planning"?

Funny, a demo never even occurred to me. That would be fantastic if they included it on XBL for 360 users. They would sell a lot more on launch day if people could try a demo before the release of the game.

There will be a playable week/end demo.

I too believe we will be seeing a demo, beta, or free week of play. What else could it possibly be? (rhetorical)

Yeah it would be fun to have a week of free play, I'm sure it would provide Valve with even more info about any potential bugs they might have missed. :) Sorta like the CS:S Beta.

Sorry, no video for you just yet. But we do have the Bio of everyone's favorite engineering type of guy, the Engineer!

Name: Engineer
Role: Defense
Weapons: Shotgun / Pistol / Wrench
Contraptions: Turret / Dispenser / Teleporter
Favorite Equation: Click Here
Bio:
This amiable, soft-spoken good ol? boy from tiny Bee Cave, Texas loves barbeque, guns, and higher education. Natural curiosity, ten years as a roughneck in the west Texas oilfields, and eleven hard science PhDs have trained him to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.

My engineering skills are a bit rusty, who can tell me what that equation is used for? Expect to see the video soon, and the "big announcement" later today.

http://www.csnation.net/

image_43259.jpg

My engineering skills are a bit rusty, who can tell me what that equation is used for?
Some stress or strain in material engineering, maybe?

It's only 10 AM over at Valve. Givem time, sheesh.

Also, my guess is that the equation is for calculating lighting.

Not in particular the exponential variables labeled "spec" and "rim."

The only words I can think of to fit would be spectral and .. rim.

Considering what Valve's been talking about recently on the technical side of Source, it doesn't surprise me that they'd incorporate something like that into it all. ;)

Well, canceling vacation plans is a big tease. I would like to think something playable with a pre-purchase of the Orange Box. As Vanilla Ice would say, anything less.... is a felony!

It's only 10 AM over at Valve. Givem time, sheesh.

Also, my guess is that the equation is for calculating lighting.

Not in particular the exponential variables labeled "spec" and "rim."

The only words I can think of to fit would be spectral and .. rim.

Considering what Valve's been talking about recently on the technical side of Source, it doesn't surprise me that they'd incorporate something like that into it all. ;)

Oh yeah... two more hours here, then. :(

The equation's definitely lighting - if you watch the TF2 Illustrative Rendering thing, they actually talk about exactly that, the combination of Phong (specular) and Fresnel (rim) lighting. It's the bit close to the end, with the breakdown of lighting on the Heavy.

Does the offer apply for the Orange Box only or can we get the beta buying only Ep2m portal and TF2?

i am now happy :D

sort of

Where is the black box. Sneaky

Buy the more expensive package for early tf2. What happens if you already have hl2/ep1 ?

Where is the black box. Sneaky /QUOTE]

Black box was cancelled a few months back. But the Orange box is such an incredible bargin (3 new games!) that it really doesn't matter.

Also you can give the copies of the games you already own to a friend if you want.

Was quite interesting my friend was sorta right, a month ago he told me Cafe's were getting TF2 in September, I looked at him with a wierd stare. He said beta testing it...Turns out true, w00t! Pre-purchased about done pre-loading TF2 now!

Man i really wanted the box! :/ I'm still getting it for PS3 and 360 but man i wanted all the boxes.

Man i really wanted the box! :/ I'm still getting it for PS3 and 360 but man i wanted all the boxes.
Just buy the box as well. That's what I'm doing.

You need to learn how to solve your practical problems, my friend.

Back