Big release suprise!!!???

I

Irish_PSU

I hate to use width here if its been posted already, but does anyone have any idea on what the big suprise over steam is gonna be this week?

no one knows...many have said css update which is pretty logical because valve said they would update it in december but who knows it could be a new chapter i nthe story? lol

frusion said:
no one knows...many have said css update which is pretty logical because valve said they would update it in december but who knows it could be a new chapter i nthe story? lol
I hope it is a new chapter.

it's D.O.G. THE GAME!!

Gabe told me personally while we were in the hot tub.

THe CS:S update may make sense, they were working on other levels and updates. Hopefully its something along those lines, or MOD lines.

House said:
it's D.O.G. THE GAME!!

Gabe told me personally while we were in the hot tub.

That would be cool.
DOG The Game that is.

it's probably just new announcement or medias..."for the community" ususally means it's for everyone

remember it's supposed to be a surprise.

a cs update isn't a surprise.

Well, they said they were going to make an announcement about TF2 after the release.

In order of probability from careful scientific studies*

1)CS:S update
2)Something related to TFC/TF2
3)DOD:S
4)OMG FREE HAXORS

*warning: no scientific studies were performed during these scientific studies.

PCgamer (uk, 143 pg 22) and I quote "with valve using...bla bla bla...currently working on a CS:source update. Due sometime in december we're expecting to see more classic maps including de_prodigy, two new player models and one brand new map." Thats from the latest issue (released last week) so theres no way they knew about the "surprise" but Pcgamer tend to have there fingers in alot of pies.

Valve is going to announce that TF2 will be released on September 30th, 2005. :)

It's TF2, not TFC2.

bilbov said:
PCgamer (uk, 143 pg 22) and I quote "with valve using...bla bla bla...currently working on a CS:source update. Due sometime in december we're expecting to see more classic maps including de_prodigy, two new player models and one brand new map."
I had been wondering about the player models - I'm bored of the ones there, I want to be SAS or Guerrilla like back in the good old days.

And why are people guessing at an extra chapter or single-player map? Doesn't that sound like excessively wishful thinking to you?

I think all these questions has been answered many times, you just have to live with what Valve gives you =D

HL2dm
HL2demo
CSS level
new chapter
new gun
new ending
new something
HL2 expansion announced
HL3 concept art

Irish_PSU said:
THe CS:S update may make sense, they were working on other levels and updates. Hopefully its something along those lines, or MOD lines.
that would be ****ing gay. but i bet you're right ;(. probably bots in cs:s so that people will stop using the pirated copy (that way they help themselves with the illusion of helping us)

i bet its... TFC2 complete release, they have had enough time... gees this was supposed to come out a long time ago

It's TF2, not TFC2 :p
And there's already bots in CS:S
And that cut chapter looks familar to Doom 3's theme.

Idonotbelonghere said:
ATi Levels.
Great. A surprise for the what...15% of the community that can run them? (Based on what they're supposed to be, that is.) I hope not.

insertcoins said:
no no no and no. Won is back.

The just spent a sh*tload of time and money on steam, don't you think they'll think about brining WON back now that steam is finally getting used with a real purpose...

Idonotbelonghere said:
ATi Levels.

highly doubt it.
that info was revealed only two weeks ago.. i doubt they have anything ready on that front.

Dr. Freeman said:
highly doubt it.
that info was revealed only two weeks ago.. i doubt they have anything ready on that front.
Yup, wouldn't be smart to piss off 85% of the community and get the rest a cool extra.
btw, isn't this like the 24622146th thread on this? ;)

Fine. I just wanted to be different :hmph:

Day of Defeat: Source.

Back